Telecoms Field Planner
Posted on May 4, 2022 by WDS Global Limited
Job Title: Field Planner - Outside Plant
Location: London or Basingstoke
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 1 year minimum
Pay rate: £350 per day inside IR35
Our customer A large Telecoms carrier is looking for a contract OSP Field Planner to conduct feasibility studies and develop plans and business cases for telecommunications network expansions, new market developments, and specific site additions.
~Network Solution development - prepares OSP design and estimates to address opportunity requirements in the most cost effective and commercially successful manner. Designs to incorporate standard network architecture and methodology, deployment costs and schedules, risk identification and analysis.
~Participates in business case preparation for each proposed customer solution, expansion, or new market development.
~Tracks and identifies opportunities to consolidate multiple requests/projects into the most cost-effective solution, incorporating all associated CapEx requests and any NetEx reduction opportunities.
~Interacts with Infrastructure Operations Team to develop opportunities and resolve issues.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of telecommunications long distance and metro network architecture/design for OSP planning.
- Familiarity with domestic network infrastructure provider networks.
- Ability to work in cross-functional development organization with financial analysts, engineers, project managers, field operations personnel and others.
- Experience in telecommunications network development or business development roles highly preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proven creative problem solver.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access as well as a variety of mapping programs.
- Positive and professional attitude, appearance and demeanour.
- Familiarity with construction practices and methods in the project locations..