Director of Carbon Markets, Offsets and Nature-Based Solutions Consulting
Posted on May 4, 2022 by Leo Partners
Not Specified, United Kingdom
Salary: £130,000 - £170,000 (dependant on extent of carbon markets/offsets experience)
Title: Director - Carbon Markets, Offsets and Nature-Based Solutions
Company: Leading ESG Consultancy
Location: Anywhere in the UK
The ESG consultancy in question is experiencing an influx of client requests for immediate expert advice around carbon offsetting from corporates and project developers. Our client has a proven background in providing support around carbon offsets, including advisory to corporates and verification of CDM and voluntary projects. This role will help further shape their proposition, build a team to meet this need and grow offset related revenue.
The successful candidate will have a proven background in carbon offset advisory, project development or the provision of nature-based or environmental technology solutions. We are open to considering candidates coming from consulting or related industry positions.
You will be given the budget and flexibility to build a world leading offset proposition and team, supported by the senior strategy makers for the global business, and coordinating with the delivery team of expert consultants.
• Evolving offset strategy and direction
• Developing a go to market plan for offset-related services
• Building a team which may include a team lift of external SMEs, and creating a structure to coordinate with existing climate consulting team
• Commercial development and sales, in collaboration with account managers and marketing
• Overseeing project management and delivery
• Thought leadership, brand building and promotion
• Creating partnerships and networks
• Understanding of carbon markets, standards, service providers and anticipated trends
• Ability to influence the C-Suite and junior staff alike
• Track record in team building and leadership
• Proven ability in sales and building client relationships
• Experience of service development of related propositions
• Related technical background and service provision
• Knowledge of the low carbon economy transition, ESG and related market drivers
• Enthusiasm and motivation, with ambition and a growth mindset
• Leadership and a team player
• Entrepreneurial and creative thinker
• Thought leader and articulate communicator
• Strong network and ability to create partnerships
• Dedication to high standards, with excellent attention to detail
• Clear communicator through presentation and writing
This is a newly created and highly sought after role - please apply within today.
If you aren't quite ready to apply but would like more info, please connect with me on LinkedIn: