Director Security Engineering and Operations
Posted on May 4, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Director, Security Engineering and Operations. This director will report to the CISO and will head up all security infrastructure including cloud, SIEM, vulnerabilities, Firewalls, etc. They need a strong hands on director who can manage 10-15 people.
- Brings prior work experience to organize and define work for complex or ambiguous situations
- Provides consultation, training, and knowledge sharing to associates
- Manages large scale program and project implementations
- Capable of performing in depth detailed architectural security and risk reviews for solutions, products, programs, etc.
- Provides security sales support and consultative activities within Company and with Company's clients
- Functions and interacts comfortably at the VP level or in a capacity that has global impact across Company
- Participates in external organizations, committees, councils, industry groups, etc.
- Aligns security, privacy, and legal requirements with security and business initiatives
- Leads security incident response activities to minimize scope and impact
- Leads a Threat Intelligence function under security operations
- Builds technical security competencies within the Engineering and Operations teams
- Must have a minimum of eight years of direct Full time security work experience in three or more of the 10 domains of the (ISC)² CISSP CBK®.
- Creates an environment that empowers associates to greater levels of responsibility
- Leverages the strengths of others to meet specific business needs
- Challenges existing paradigms without creating more resistance than support
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to make difficult decisions
- Cultivates a shared vision among all stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree
- CISSP Certification
- Experience in managing a Security Operations team and activities
- Developing and running Security Incident Response Plans
- Familiarity with cloud security stacks and native security tools
- Experience in working with Applications teams to develop Security-by-Design principles
- CISM Certification
- Individual Industry Recognition
- Understands the competitive landscape from both a business and technical perspective