Data Warehouse Architect SQL
Posted on May 4, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this 9+ month contract Remote role*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Data Warehouse Architect with strong SQL experience. Candidate assists with defining requirements, design and documentation of Data Warehouse architecture components.
- Works with the logical business model and develops the logic necessary to create and populate the tables necessary for the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Develop ETL scripts and write SQL code from data model, dataflow diagram and technical design specifications
- Architects the transformation of transactional (normalized) data to facts and dimensions.
- Establishes appropriate parent and child relationships within the data model.
- Applies and adapts data architecture principles, standards, concepts, practices and techniques as appropriate to specific use cases.
- Work with DBAs to migrate schema changes between development, QA and production environments.
- Assist Project Managers and BI delivery team leaders in estimating effort and resources for new projects and enhancement requests.
- Minimum of 5 years related data management and/or data modelling experience
- Experience working with SSIS and SQL Server database platform
- Requires experience with EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) implementation
- Experience data modelling using Kimball, Inmon, Vault and other common methodologies
- Experience working with Talend Data Fabric/Open Studio a plus
- Experience with data visualization platforms like Tableau and Qlik a plus
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
- Understanding ETL techniques
- Knowledge of Transact SQL and data query/reporting tool
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Technical writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot data