Senior Linux Engineer
Posted on May 3, 2022 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Senior Linux Engineer. They are looking for someone with 10-15 years of Linux large enterprise experience. Working with Linux Kernel, configuration management, programming in either python/ruby/C++.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring)
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates)
- Strong project management capabilities
- Ability and desire to keep current with rapidly changing technologies
- Strong operational mindset
- Mentor other Linux engineers
- Interview Linux engineer candidates
- Plan, test, and implement changes to system configuration and software settings to support a variety of software and operations teams
- Plan, test, and implement changes to the global systems management infrastructure, such as configuration management, identity management, software repositories, continuous integration, system monitoring, etc.
- Design, implement, extend, and maintain the tooling that automates the key Linux infrastructure operations, such as the configuration deployment process, server provisioning, patching, capacity expansion, etc.
- Research and define future directions for Company DNA's systems (implement proofs-of-concept, research methodologies and technologies, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues related to stability, functionality, performance, misconfiguration, hardware, etc.