Financial, Risk and Litigation Applications Engineer II
Posted on May 3, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER II
Must be in a place they have an office: Chicago/Dallas/Houston/Austin/Boston/Palo Alto, San Francisco/NY/Atlanta, GA/Washington DC/Salt Lake City, UT
Looking for a candidate who knows application support, configuration and strong Back End infrastructure support. SQL query tools SQL server Microsoft IIS PowerShell Scripting Active Directory Desktop operating Linux Will train on the application legal and financial application
The Application Engineer 2 provides a deep understanding of applications and how they are being used and integrated.
- Provide Level 3 operational or systematic support and maintenance for the Firm's Financial, Risk and Litigation & Practice technology departmental applications; in some specific cases, Level 2 support may be required. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using routine analytical skills and tools as necessary.
- Coordinate and implement new components and upgrades to departmental applications. This includes coordination, integration and support of business applications and data. The position will be instrumental in systems upgrades and conversions and actively manage the relationship with various non-IT business departments.
- Adhere to the Firm's Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Collaborate with professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Utilize SQL query tools to perform frequent data analysis across various systems, providing clear and accurate data to business users.
- Adhere to the Firm's IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting and configuration documentation for administered systems.
- Develop or enhance quality control reports and electronic monitoring to assure regulatory and data quality compliance.
- Collaborate with business users in designing and implementing analytics to help them interpret their data in order to make better business decisions.
- Write functional and technical specifications including application design changes and integrations for development.
- Gather information, design, develop, test and implement high-quality, user-friendly solutions to meet the Firm's goals and strategic objectives.
- Provide 24x7 operational support. On-call support responsibilities are rotated among the members of the Finance, Risk and Litigation Applications team.
- The Applications Engineer 2 must have a BA/BS in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience with 5+ years' experience of application support/configuration in a legal environment.
- The ideal candidate must have good judgment, problem-solving, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and build positive working relationships. In addition, candidates must be self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Experience with SQL Query is required.
- Experience with Financial, Risk and Litigation applications such as Compulaw, Elite 3E, e-Billing Hub, e-Plus Purchasing, Paperless Proforma, Relativity, Intapp Products (Open, Conflicts, Terms, Time, Walls) is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Powershell Scripting is preferred
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Windows Server and Desktop operating system environments.