Cyber Defense Security
Posted on May 3, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
The Associate Principal, Cyber Defense will help plan actions and lead security professionals in the analysis and determination of threats to the enterprise, vulnerabilities in the environment, and how our company will best defend itself against these threats. This position will require initiative to oversee security initiatives and be expected to put together projects and teams to remediate identified security threats, incidents, and compliance issues. In addition, the position will enhance the process around monitoring third-party security-related feeds, websites, forums, and mailing lists for information regarding cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits. The rile will be heavily involved in the documenting, delivery, and testing of regulatory compliance to all required security regulation as well as the reporting of high-level details and metrics to Senior management.
Incident Management and Security Analysis
Security Monitoring & Analysis
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven team player will be working primarily with other staff members, on both long-term projects and rapid response under tight deadlines.
- Team Leadership experience, taking initiative; providing and following through on solutions across various skillsets.
- Proficient with Security related service and process assessments and evaluations based on NIST, COBIT, ISO and/or ITIL standards.
- Knowledge and experience implementing controls based on security regulation. eg NIST Cyber Security Framework
- Effective and excellent oral and written communication, analytical, judgment and consultation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both formal and informal review settings with all levels of management.
- Proven experience in developing and providing threat and situational intelligence from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Ability to work with local and remote IT staff/management, vendors and consultants.
- Ability to work independently and possess strong project management skills.
- Implementation and maintenance of SIEM (Splunk, ArcSight, IBM QRadar, etc.)
- Vulnerability assessment tools (Qualys, Nessus, nmap, etc.)
- Incident Response playbook development managing incident analysis and remediation
- Network sniffers and packet tracing tools (DSS, NAI SnifferPro, Ethereal and tcpdump).
- Other Security preventative and detective technologies (EDR, network-based analysis, etc.)
- Encryption technologies (PGP, PKI and X.509)
- Standard technical writing tools including MS Word, Excel, Project and Visio
- Directory services, LDAP, and their inherent security (Active Directory, CA Directory).
- Proxy and caching services.
- Client Server platforms including Sun Solaris, Windows, Linux.
- Operating system hardening procedures (Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.)
- LAN/WAN routing and high availability (OSPF, BGP4/iBGP, EIGRP and NSRP).
- Web Application Firewalls.
- Cloud based security tools and techniques (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Scripting and development activities to appropriately leverage Application Programing Interfaces (APIs) to optimize integrations between disparate security monitoring and analysis devices
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field.
- Minimum six years of information security experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Minimum three years hands-on security operations experience including interdisciplinary experience with four or more of the following: Cyber Threat Analysis, Digital Computer Forensics, Incident Response, Application Security, Operating Systems Security, Cryptographic Controls, Networking, Programming languages, Incident Response
- Minimum one year in a leadership role or team/project lead capacity.
- Technical experience and comprehensive knowledge of threat actor capabilities, intentions, methodologies, and motives.
- Familiarity with computer network exploitation and network attack methodologies while maintaining an understanding of the relationship these activities have with the financial services industry and critical infrastructure.
- Industry knowledge of leading-edge security technologies and methods
- Shift work and working in an on-call response capacity is required including availability for 24 x 7 on-call support responsibilities
- Previous people/project management experience is a plus.
Certificates or Licenses:
- Strongly prefer at least one of the following certifications: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, CHFI, GCFA, CCE, CFE