Incident Response SIEM Cyber Defense Engineer
Posted on May 3, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Company is currently seeking a Incident Response SIEM Cyber Defense Engineer. Candidate will help plan actions and lead security professionals in the analysis and determination of threats to the enterprise, vulnerabilities in the environment, and how our company will best defend itself against these threats. This position will require initiative to oversee security initiatives and be expected to put together projects and teams to remediate identified security threats, incidents, and compliance issues.
- Lead cyber security incident responders in response activities including investigation, coordination, review, and reporting.
- Oversee technical analysis of security events while coordinating incident response activities with internal and external teams.
- Ensure and directly oversee the collection and preservation of data associated with cyber security incident response activities following industry best practices and established procedures.
- Develop and support briefings to senior management as a trusted incident responder.
- Lead the development and enhancement of current threat and situational intelligence sources leveraging proprietary enterprise data, as well as a variety of external sources and open source data.
- Actively monitor and research cyber threats with a direct or indirect impact to the brand, business operations, or technology infrastructure.
- Develop and support briefings to Security management as a cyber intelligence subject matter expert.
- Create and conduct presentations on current threats and related IT Security topics.
- Oversee process of monthly reporting to Security management on Threat, Vulnerability, and Incident management metrics.
- Prioritize and identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications, and new technology initiatives.
- Lead various teams to operationalize remediation efforts for gaps identified.
- Develop and implement security monitoring roadmaps for technologies, applications, SaaS, and other cloud-hosted solutions. These roadmaps will direct efforts on implementation of monitoring use cases and measurement of monitoring capabilities.
- Manage, implement, and validate security monitoring use cases, mapping to frameworks, technical configuration for security tools, etc.
- Security Device Administration
- Manage security tools including appliances, hosted systems, and SaaS - including health checks, version updates, and content development.
- Validate content changes to security tools are appropriate from other analysts and teams.
- Report on and enhance current metrics surrounding security tool capabilities and efficacy.
- Take a lead role in the systems life cycle --- performing upgrades, implementation of new technologies, and enhancement identification.
- Proven team player will be working primarily with other staff members, on both long-term projects and rapid response under tight deadlines.
- Team Leadership experience, taking initiative; providing and following through on solutions across various skillsets.
- Proficient with Security related service and process assessments and evaluations based on NIST, COBIT, ISO and/or ITIL standards.
- Knowledge and experience implementing controls based on security regulation. eg NIST Cyber Security Framework
- Effective and excellent oral and written communication, analytical, judgment and consultation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both formal and informal review settings with all levels of management.
- Proven experience in developing and providing threat and situational intelligence from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Ability to work with local and remote IT staff/management, vendors and consultants.
- Ability to work independently and possess strong project management skills.
- Implementation and maintenance of SIEM (Splunk, ArcSight, IBM QRadar, etc.)
- Vulnerability assessment tools (Qualys, Nessus, nmap, etc.)
- Incident Response playbook development managing incident analysis and remediation
- Network sniffers and packet tracing tools (DSS, NAI SnifferPro, Ethereal and tcpdump).
- Other Security preventative and detective technologies (EDR, network-based analysis, etc.)
- Encryption technologies (PGP, PKI and X.509)
- Standard technical writing tools including MS Word, Excel, Project and Visio
- Directory services, LDAP, and their inherent security (Active Directory, CA Directory).
- Proxy and caching services.
- Client Server platforms including Sun Solaris, Windows, Linux.
- Operating system hardening procedures (Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.)
- LAN/WAN routing and high availability (OSPF, BGP4/iBGP, EIGRP and NSRP).
- Web Application Firewalls.
- Cloud based security tools and techniques (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Security Orchestration and Automated Response tools and concepts.
- Scripting and development activities to appropriately leverage Application Programing Interfaces (APIs) to optimize integrations between disparate security monitoring and analysis devices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field.
- Minimum six years of information security experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Minimum three years hands-on security operations experience including interdisciplinary experience with four or more of the following: Cyber Threat Analysis, Digital Computer Forensics, Incident Response, Application Security, Operating Systems Security, Cryptographic Controls, Networking, Programming languages, Incident Response
- Minimum one year in a leadership role or team/project lead capacity.
- Technical experience and comprehensive knowledge of threat actor capabilities, intentions, methodologies, and motives.
- Familiarity with computer network exploitation and network attack methodologies while maintaining an understanding of the relationship these activities have with the financial services industry and critical infrastructure.
- Industry knowledge of leading-edge security technologies and methods
- Shift work and working in an on-call response capacity is required including availability for 24 x 7 on-call support responsibilities
- Previous people/project management experience is a plus.
Certificates or Licenses:
- Strongly prefer at least one of the following certifications: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, CHFI, GCFA, CCE, CFE