Remote Splunk Architect
Posted on May 2, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent REMOTE role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Splunk Architect. Candidate will serve as the expert in Splunk systems architecture, undertaking complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. The Splunk Architect makes decisions on complex or ambiguous architecture issues, coordinating with users to determine requirements, and ensuring system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored, finding ways to increase efficiency.
- Planning for and performing upgrades on Splunk infrastructure
- Designing automation of Splunk deployment
- Designing version control and config management of Splunk deployment
- Implementing and reviewing Splunk best practices
- Apply reference architectures and positions toward design, deployment and support of highly complex systems that deliver business functionality.
- Consult on application of reference architecture, strategic direction of enterprise technology, and serve as subject matter expert with contextual knowledge of business model.
- Utilize or develop reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within overall architectural blueprint.
- Drive requirements analysis activities and develop design of highly complex architectural solutions involving multiple logical and/or physical dimensions.
- Maintain awareness of current complex architectures and business drivers and guide their application to initiatives as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing architecture.
- Assist with drafting business case including identification of potential business/customer benefits.
- Advocate effective architectural designs and optimize current architecture and processes.
- Influence clients and partners to prioritize for enterprise benefit and risk reduction and assist in driving adoption of technology solutions that leverage existing patterns, practices and reference architectures.
- Recommend when tactical solutions should be replaced or incorporated into sunset and refresh strategies for assigned application(s), project(s) or discipline.
- Ensure that application sunset and refresh strategies are created and maintained.
- Lead assessments and inspections of high complexity physical and/or logical architectural components.
- Verify conformance to architectural patterns, practices and enterprise/departmental reference architecture.
- Lead analysis of complex system issues.
- Make recommendations for major/significant changes to architecture.
- Ensure sharing of 'appropriate lessons learned'.
- Develop high complexity architectural solution concepts and support Pursuit team with feasibility and high-level project estimation.
- 3+ Years of Splunk architecture experience in a multi-terabyte/day environment
- Architecting Splunk in AWS
- Upgrading Splunk in a multi-terabyte/day environment with Search Head Clusters, ITSI and ES
- 10+ years of platform engineering experience
- 2+ Years of AWS experience
- Splunk Enterprise Security
- Splunk IT Service Intelligence
- Splunk Core
- Automated deployment of Splunk using software such as Terraform/Ansible/Puppet/Chef/etc.
- Python/Bash or other Scripting language a plus
- Azure Experience a plus