Senior Sustainability Consultant - Reporting & Disclosures
Posted on May 1, 2022 by Lewis Davey
Lewis Davey is delighted to be supporting JLL as they look to recruit a Senior Sustainability Consultant into the Upstream Sustainability Service Line. We're looking for a numerate individual who can operate in a client facing capacity and play a leading role in their ESG benchmarking and reporting service line. With at least 3 years of experience the successful incumbent will ideally have some exposure to investor benchmarking and reporting such as GRESB, CDP, EPRA and TCFD. Whilst there is a clear focus on reporting, the incumbent will have some flexibility to shape the role across areas such as assurance or strategy.
For more details or to apply please contact Lewis Davey in the first instance on or apply here:
We are looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant for the JLL Sustainability Consultancy team
The Sustainability Consultancy team at JLL is the largest real estate sustainability consultancy in Europe, with over 20 years' experience in delivering sustainability advice to the real estate sector. We use our leading sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment.
If you're looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. We're a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. We look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet on behalf of our clients. The rapidly growing requirement for sustainability improvements across all businesses means you will develop your career within a team with significant growth ambitions and holding vast experience, helping embed sustainability into some of the world's leading real estate businesses. Find out more about our sustainability ambitions here .
For more than 20 years, our sustainability consultancy has been helping clients develop ambitious sustainability action plans as well as supporting them to implement practical actions. Our services include:
- Sustainability strategy
- Net Zero Carbon and Science-Based Targets
- Climate risk assessment
- Energy and carbon management
- Data management
- Compliance and de-risking
- Social impact
- Reporting and communications
Come join a team where your colleagues will share your passion and support your professional development, and where you can develop a career knowing your work supports a better future.
We are looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant for the Upstream Sustainability Services team
This role will be in our Reporting & Transparency sub-team, focusing on ESG benchmarking and disclosure.
What the role involves
- Managing sustainability disclosure including GRESB, EPRA sBPR, TCFD etc.
- Training and mentoring the wider team on ESG reporting requirements.
- Creation of thought leadership pieces for communication, to enhance client offerings, and ensure the team remain at the forefront of emerging thinking.
- Building a strong working relationship with client sustainability teams through the provision of accurate and timely advice and deliverables.
- Support large sustainability data programmes and coordinating with multiple parties.
- Ensuring business ethics and integrity are upheld in our guidance on transparent reporting practices.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Passionate about sustainability.
- A rigorous approach and attention to detail in both quantitative and qualitative research and analysis.
- Able to interpret complex guidance and identify appropriate solutions.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and client management skills.
- Commercial awareness to open up accounts and develop ESG offerings.
- Able to sensitively challenge, through providing insights, future trends, and articulating the value of sustainability to businesses, with an understanding of future value creation.
Location: Warwick Street, London or remote where appropriate
What you can expect from us
JLL values its employees and People are one of our core strategic pillars. When you join Upstream, you can expect to be supported by your colleagues and senior management. Upstream, along with the whole of JLL, are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion across our organisation and we are taking steps to improve in this area. There are also a number of networks (e.g. apprentice, gender, LGBT+, neurodiversity, race & ethnicity and working parents) where you can share thoughts and ideas and raise these directly with executive teams. We have both mental health and diversity first-aiders - trained colleagues who can provide impartial and anonymous support, and act as a safe point of contact to discuss any challenges you may be experiencing.
JLL is an Equal Opportunities Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community. We are recognised by Stonewall as one of Britain's top 100 LGBT-inclusive employers , and one of the UK's Top 10 employers for Social Mobility by the Social Mobility Foundation. More on JLL's D&I commitment can be found online .
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, mental health support, benefits and pay. We'll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. Keep those ambitions in sight and imagine where JLL can take you...
This vacancy is being managed by Lewis Davey. For more information please contact Lewis Davey in the first instance on or and/or apply here.