Net-Zero Carbon Consultant
Posted on May 1, 2022 by Lewis Davey
Lewis Davey is delighted to recruiting a Net-zero Carbon Consultant on behalf of the JLL Sustainability Consultancy team. For more information or to apply please contact Lewis Davey in the first instance on or via and/or apply here.
The Sustainability Consultancy team at JLL is the largest real estate sustainability consultancy in Europe, with over 20 years' experience in delivering sustainability advice to the real estate sector. We use our leading sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment.
If you're looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. We're a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. We look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet on behalf of our clients. The rapidly growing requirement for sustainability improvements across all businesses means you will develop your career within a team with significant growth ambitions and holding vast experience, helping embed sustainability into some of the world's leading real estate businesses.
Find out more about our sustainability ambitions here .
For more than 20 years, our sustainability consultancy has been helping clients develop ambitious sustainability action plans as well as supporting them to implement practical actions.
Our services include:
- Sustainability strategy
- Net Zero Carbon and Science-Based Targets
- Climate risk assessment
- Energy and carbon management
- Data management
- Compliance and de-risking
- Social impact
- Reporting and communications
Come join a team where your colleagues will share your passion and support your professional development, and where you can develop a career knowing your work supports a better future.
We are looking for a Sustainability Consultant for the Upstream Sustainability Services team
This role will be in our Net Zero Carbon sub-team, which focuses on supporting clients in developing and setting Net Zero Carbon and Science-based Target strategies.
What the role involves
- Building a strong working relationship with client sustainability teams and their stakeholders through the provision of accurate and timely advice and deliverables
- Project management and delivery of several client projects or tasks, ensuring a professional relationship and the effective delivery of sustainability services to time and budget
- Oversight of junior team members in their collection, analysis, validation and communication of client portfolio sustainability data. This data is environmental, social and financial in nature and is used for both external sustainability reporting and for improving operational building management.
- Interpreting client expectations so that you gather the right information and manipulate it into the outputs required
- Assisting clients to formulate strategic sustainability targets for their portfolios, including Net Zero Carbon (NZC) strategies and advice on setting Science-Based Targets (SBTs)
- Non-financial reporting-related portfolio data and information management (e.g. GRESB and EPRA reporting)
- Strategic research to support development of strategies, including Net Zero Carbon, Science-Based Targets, circular economy, climate risk, and other portfolio-related strategies
- Working in a rigorous manner to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client-ready outputs e.g. written and data reports.
- Contribute to team information and knowledge management.
- Supporting the professional development of junior colleagues, including line management opportunities.
- Limited amount of business development.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Relevant academic or work experience in the sustainability, consultancy and/or property sector
- Excellent ability to analyse complex quantitative and qualitative sustainability data using excel and other analytical tools, draw robust conclusions and report these accurately and meaningfully
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ideally experience developing solutions in a business context
- Excellent team-working, and ability to contribute towards a positive team dynamic
- Strong communication, interpersonal and client management skills, with the ability to work to client-determined deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Passionate about sustainability
Location: Warwick Street, London or remote where appropriate
What you can expect from us
JLL values its employees and People are one of our core strategic pillars. When you join Upstream, you can expect to be supported by your colleagues and senior management. Upstream, along with the whole of JLL, are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion across our organisation and we are taking steps to improve in this area. There are also a number of networks (e.g. apprentice, gender, LGBT+, neurodiversity, race & ethnicity and working parents) where you can share thoughts and ideas and raise these directly with executive teams. We have both mental health and diversity first-aiders - trained colleagues who can provide impartial and anonymous support, and act as a safe point of contact to discuss any challenges you may be experiencing.
JLL is an Equal Opportunities Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community. We are recognised by Stonewall as one of Britain's top 100 LGBT-inclusive employers , and one of the UK's Top 10 employers for Social Mobility by the Social Mobility Foundation. More on JLL's D&I commitment can be found online .
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, mental health support, benefits and pay. We'll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. Keep those ambitions in sight and imagine where JLL can take you...
This vacancy is being managed by Lewis Davey. For more information please contact Lewis Davey in the first instance on or and/or apply here.