Senior Energy Manager
Posted on May 1, 2022 by Lewis Davey
Lewis Davey is delighted to be exclusively supporting JLL as they look to appoint a Senior Consultant within their dedicated energy services team. This is an exciting time to join the business as they go through a period of sustained growth. For more details and/or to apply, please contact Lewis Davey in the first instance on (0) or .
We're JLL. We're a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We're a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you're looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you'll have a chance to innovate with the world's leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired by the best. We're focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions - join us at JLL!
We are looking for a Senior Energy Consultant for the Upstream Energy Services Business line.
Our Team, Upstream, uses our leading energy and sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment.
Our services begin with helping clients to define compelling visions, create leading strategies and develop challenging targets. Upstream then partners with our clients through implementation - from managing risk, ensuring compliance, driving improvements in environmental performance and ensuring clients capture the opportunities and value that sustainability has to offer.
To support our team's ambitions, we are looking to make a new hire at Senior Consultant level, to be part of our energy services team.
The opportunity to work with us will provide you with exposure to the development and delivery of leading energy and sustainability management programmes including building assessment and optimisation, ratings and certifications, as well as the implementation and management of smart buildings solutions for high-profile clients across the EMEA region. The role will involve providing valued technical insights and advice directly to clients and undertaking building assessments and analysis to identify and develop service and project opportunities across a range of asset classes including office, retail, logistics and hospitality. The team is currently managing a wide variety of clients, and this role is expected to project manage several clients.
Our expectation is that you are as passionate about sustainability and energy efficiency as we are; that you are committed to always exceeding your clients' expectations and that you are able to demonstrate your excellent team-working, relationship building, communication, technical and project management skills.
What this job involves:
- Building a strong working relationship with client teams through the provision of accurate and timely advice and deliverables.
- Project management of the delivery of a number of client projects or tasks, ensuring a professional relationship and the effective delivery services to time and budget.
- Oversight of team members in the development and delivery of programmes and projects.
- Business development of team services, growing the offering and client base.
- Working in a rigorous manner to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client-ready outputs.
- Contribute to information and knowledge management systems, and the creation of thought leadership pieces, to enhance client offerings, and ensure the team remain at the forefront of emerging thinking.
- Support the professional development of junior colleagues, including line management opportunities.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Experience working with commercial real estate, engaging with and obtaining buy-in from key stakeholder groups, e.g. Property and Facilities Managers
- Solid technical understanding of building services and experience conducting energy (and ideally water) efficiency surveys, including the review of building management and control systems
- Experience determining the value proposition of projects and services, justifying implementation through relevant assessment of benefits e.g. energy, resilience, obsolescence
- Relevant professional experience, e.g. Building Services Commissioning and Controls Engineering, Fault detection Diagnostics solutions, Energy Management
- Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships and good experience of leading individuals or small teams
- European language skills will be beneficial
What you can expect from us:
You'll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together - across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow. Click here to learn more about JLL's D&I commitment
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We'll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Building Assessments, Building Services, Buildings Management, Program Management, Services Project Management, Sustainability Assessments, Sustainability Management
Environmental Sustainable Design, Line Management, Strategy Implementation, Thought Leadership