Head of Software Development (Java)
Posted on Apr 30, 2022 by SKILLFINDER INTERNATIONAL
Head of Software Development (Java) | Leading Finance Program Provider | Hybrid, 3 days in office in Zug Centre, Switzerland (20 min train from Zurich)
We are also hiring Senior Java Developers!
You will be working for an exciting and growing supply chain finance solutions provider, offering programs to assist businesses with financial operations. They have over 30 years trading in the industry and are comprised of long-lasting employees. The environment is friendly and diverse with a dynamic and well-coordinated leadership team. Due to the size of the company they are able to offer interesting progression opportunities and fair recognition for your work.
We are looking for a Head of Software Development specialising in Java to lead the development team of 5-6 employees. You will also be responsible for the security, reliability, and play a key role in shaping the next generations of the company's application.
Full scope listed below:
- Act as a Team Leader based on the company's policies and representing the company with the expected level of professionalism and seniority
- Lead the team through training, monitoring, performance evaluation and feedback
- Provide strategic and technical advice to the team, guide them through challenges
- Ensure good distribution of knowhow within and between the team
- Create an inspiring working environment oriented to trust, open communication, and cohesive team effort, considering the company's policies and corporate values
- Implement an efficient management reporting and organisational planning
- Responsible for projects/tasks and their deliverables as well as for the efficient communication of the project status to stakeholders
- Contribute to architecture design, database structure design and code review
- Remove impediments if any of the development team in performing their tasks
- Build upon existing system functionality & design to continuously innovate the platform and its range of features
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for continuous innovation
- Proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options to enhance our coding and service standards and delivery
- Drive consistent coding standards and best practices for clen, reusable, and maintainable code
- Keep up to date with industry trends, development practices, data protection, security threats and known industry standards and to make sure we mitigate against these risks or comply as the per the applicability
- Also perform Software analysis, design and implementation of both Front End and Back End part of business software, including unit testing
Java, Kotlin, Angular, Spring, Hibernate, Active MQ Artemis, SQL Server, Redis
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a team leader
- Experience in agile SDLC and Scrum methodology
- Good software architecture experience and hands-on programming
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Highest level of integrity and business ethics
Overview on the Location
Zug is a modern city with low tax rates at approximately half of Zurich's. Although the city has a large presence of companies, it's known for beautiful landscapes, clean air, and a high quality of life. The Canton of Zug are also establishing themselves as Swiss' Crypto Valley and accept municipal fees in digital currencies. EU candidates are welcomed and easily able to gain right to work in Switzerland.