Portfolio and Program Manager (m/f/d)
Posted on Apr 29, 2022 by ITech Consult
Portfolio and Program Manager (m/f/d) - Pharma/Project Management/SWOT/English
For our client a Pharma company based in Basel we are looking for a Portfolio and Program Manager (m/f/d).
Portfolio and Program Management (PPM) is an integral part of Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) organization and the centre of excellence for Portfolio and Program Management skills and knowledge applied to the development of molecules from Entry into Portfolio up to the end of the pivotal-enabling study.
As a member of PPM, you are a critical strategic partner, helping both pRED molecule project teams and governance bodies, to make the best decisions, navigate the future and bring novel therapeutics to patients. The position provides an outstanding opportunity to influence R&D from research through Phase II, across many therapeutic areas. It requires interactions with senior partners from the Research, Clinical, Development Sciences, Regulatory and Commercial organizations. The ideal candidate will have a background that combines science, strategy and business, to be a part of a team bringing life-saving therapeutics to patients.
The perfect candidate:
The pRED Project & Portfolio Management Team is looking for a Portfolio & Program Manager who has already a few years of experience in Portfolio and/or Project Management. Experience in clinical development is an advantage.
Areas of responsibility:
- Provide strategic mentorship to research and development project teams, framing and assessing strategic options, identifying inflection points and critical factors for decision making and recommendations
- Acts as a thought-partner for key members of pRED including the pLT, project team members Research Project Team Leader, Project Team Leader, Medical Director etc. to actively contribute to and challenge the definition and development of project strategy
- Guides projects from drug discovery through preparation for pivotal trials, enabling efficient and effective progression as agreed with the relevant decision-makers and governance committees
- Builds and maintains robust Project Teams, observing team dynamics, building a good rapport and high trust, addressing issues, encouraging open dialogue within teams
- Ensures clear development and translation of molecule strategy to coordinated execution plans across project sub-teams - Drives a coordinated approach across sub-teams to ensure aligned execution of the asset strategy
- Keeps teams on track to deliver short-, mid- and long-term activities to achieve team Background objectives, leading planning projections effectively to ensure timely and coherent outlook, business and meeting management
- Drives projects to provide portfolio-wide perspectives on topics involving drug development risk, R&D effectiveness and efficiency, and innovation.
- Provides insights into the portfolio for senior leaders to guide both near and long-term planning
- Ensures excellent portfolio management by placing individual decisions into the context of the broader pipeline
- Develops novel ways of visualizing and communicating our extensive portfolio
- Provides portfolio context and data-driven insights
- Observes Pharma trends and competitive insights, bring findings from other industries, foresight and futurism, identification and implications of trends and patterns, lead and lag indicators
- Responsibility for cross-portfolio tools, analysis and data-driven insights and foresight from an industry and enterprise perspective, briefings and advice
- Maintains portfolio and project management guidelines, standards, and tools as required
Professional and technical requirements:
- Minimum a scientific degree, preferably in life science
- Minimum of 5-8 years Portfolio and/or Project Management experience supporting crossfunctional teams in a scientific environment, preferably both. Pharma/biotech drug development experience is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in clinical development
- Proficient in Portfolio and Project management methodologies and agile practices, business savviness and management Science
- Demonstrated experience in the application of Strategy methodology (systems thinking, decision making & decision quality, critical thinking, strategic foresight, strategic tools such as,SWOT, TOWS, PESTLE, BlueOcean etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action. Strong influencing, negotiation, and storylining presentation skills
- Maintains expert knowledge of industry trends, competition, and current/emerging technologies
- Strategic thinking ability
- Excellent -ideally native/fluent- English is a must
Nice to Haves:
- MBA or PhD is an advantage
- Experience in preclinical, clinical, regulatory, chemistry manufacturing and Controls (CMC)
Reference no: 921458SKN
Role: Portfolio and Program Manager
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Start date: ASAP