Head of Capital Delivery
Posted on Apr 29, 2022 by South Staffs Water (Incorporating Cambridge Water Company)
West Midlands, United Kingdom
£65k - £65k Annual
Head of Capital Delivery
Salary: Circa £65,000 DOE & Company Car
Location: Green Lane, Walsall or Fulbourn Road, Cambridge
At South Staffs Water we deliver clean and reliable water supplies to around 1.5 million customers within the South Staffs and Cambridge regions. We aim to achieve this in the most affordable way, which requires the successful implementation of our Capital Investment Delivery Programmes. We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Capital Delivery. Reporting to the Asset Management and Capital Delivery Director, you will develop and implement the strategy and all operational plans related to all Capital Investment areas of the business.
• Ensure the delivery of South Staffs Water capital investment delivery programme to the required time cost and quality objectives ensuring safety is prioritised at all times.
• Formulate and manage the departmental budgets.
• Plan and organise relevant Investment Programme and Capital expenditure meetings - i.e. Investment Programme Steering Group, Project Reviews, AMP Delivery Strategy Groups.
• Manage the Capital Investment Delivery Teams' Project Managers and supporting staff, ensuring the team has the tools and resources to deliver the Investment Programme in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Provide regular reports to the Executive Management Team and Board of Directors on risk, time, cost and quality budget position relating to status of the Investment Programme.
• Monitor and challenge all projects and forecast expenditure against budgets, agree variations in advance and reconcile discrepancies - i.e. Company Investment Programme.
• Develop best practice change programmes and evaluate the effectiveness of all expenditure on Company initiatives.
• Ensure monthly reporting in line with Company Financial Regulations, including C2 and C3 Reports.
• Develop the strategic direction for the delivery of the Capital Programme in accordance with the agreed Company objectives ensuring value for money.
• Ensure governance procedures have been implemented to ensure all investment decisions are supported by appropriate levels of approval in accordance with the Internal Control Manual.
• Provide Contract, Programme Management expertise across the Investment Programme.
• Develop and instigate processes to achieve efficient project delivery to cost, time and quality.
• Set up benchmarking tender processes within framework partnership agreements to ensure value for money delivery.
• Responsible for the success, wellbeing and development of all resources within the Capital Investment Delivery Team
The ideal candidate will possess leadership/management experience in the Water Industry, as well as project/operational Management, financial planning and control and expert report writing skills.
It is essential to hold a degree or HND in a relevant technical discipline, for example , Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical Engineering, as well as have experience of NEC Contract Management and a sound knowledge of the application of CDM Regulations and Health and Safety Management. You will hold chartered status with a relevant technical institution and will ideally hold IOSH, APM and PMQ Accreditations.
You must hold a full UK Drivers Licence.
As an employee of South Staffs Water you will have access to a range of benefits. For further details, please visit the Careers section of our website .
To apply please forward your CV to:
Closing Date: 2nd May 2022