Front Office Desktop Support Analyst
Posted on Apr 28, 2022 by Thebes IT Solutions Ltd
Role: Front Office Desktop Support Analyst
Location: New York USA
Duration: 6 months rolling contract
We are offering a contract position of Front Office Desktop Support. You will be joining our Desktop Support desk placed on site with one of our Banking clients.
You will be working across a broad range of technologies in the VIP and Front Office desktop environment, being able to support the VIP and Front Office technology stack at the third line level. Taking ownership for resolving and/or fulfilling incident, problem, change, service requests, break-fix, and backups/restores.
Responsible for escalating/informing management of all Front Office initiatives/major outages. Motivated to support the Front Office with high energy, having confidence to communicate to VIP's and Traders providing clear and concise information. Flexible approach as there is a requirement to work with the Service Desk to train and enhance skills.
Key Essential Skills:
- Minimum 5 years Front Office Desktop support experience (1st, 2nd and 3rd line support).
- Experience in a trade floor technical support position.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience supporting senior stakeholders.
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Windows 7, Windows 10
- MS Office 2010 Office 365
- Active Directory
- Exchange Admin to current release
- Bloomberg and Reuters
- VMware ESX
- VMware VSphere & Virtual Center
- Cloud 9 Dealerboard
- VMware Virtual VIP and Front Office Infrastructure using VMware View
- AV Support
- VIP and Front Office, Laptop & Thin Clients
- Mobile Messaging Services - Blackberry
- Altiris Deployment Server
- McAfee & Trend Anti-Virus
- EPolicy Orchestartor
- McAfee Groupshield
- WSUS and SCCM
- Enterprise Vault incl. FSA & DA
- All Windows Server Operating Systems from Windows 2012 through to the current release.
- Symantec Netbackup
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide first class level of customer service to VIP and Front Office users, either by face to face, telephone, or email communication.
- Build and install PC's, wireless networks and peripheral devices related to desktop infrastructure.
- Provide ongoing routine maintenance to the desktop environment.
- Accurately log all incidents and requests within the ITSM tool
- Responsible for VIP, Front Office & AV technology stack service management, including incident, event, problem and request fulfilment management and end user (customer), support, interfacing with the organisation's IT Service Delivery department's process & procedure where applicable.
- Apply & maintain suitable technical skills to support the organisations VIP, Front Office & AV technology stack and customer base.
- Develop & utilise support interfaces with other departments in the organisation as well as the broader IT groups.
- To participate and respond on behalf of the VIP, Front Office & AV infrastructure stack during all internal/external audit reviews, implementing and resolving all identified points within the timeframe given.
- Participate in & support architecture designs, roadmaps, planning & deployments.
- Providing support & technical escalation to regional support staff as required.
- Execute additional responsibilities &/or tasks as designated by management.
Outline Thebes Group:
Thebes Group is a leading UK wide IT infrastructure technology consultancy. We are well-known for our extensive talent pool of highly competent IT professionals and exclusive Academy programmes, which provide a great opportunity to undertake technical training in core disciplines. Thebes work with a number of leading vendors, Government, financial institutions and insurance companies including investment banks, brokers and hedge funds.
Thebes does IT solutions & services differently from most other IT service providers. As an Assured Outcome Provider (AOP) we have spent fifteen years willingly sharing the client's risk with them by focusing on outputs (ie quality service & solutions and ROI) rather than inputs (ie pricelists and headcount). We do this by fitting our skills, solutions & capabilities to needs, augmenting our staff with enthusiastic professionals from our Academy programme and remaining flexible as our clients' needs change
Thebes may process any personal information supplied in relation to your application. By providing your information, you consent to Thebes using your information to process your application and acknowledge that we will store and use your information in relation to your application.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We are therefore committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. If you have any questions related to or GDPR compliance, please contact us.