Senior System Administrator JIRA
Posted on Apr 28, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
*All Employees must be Covid-19 Vaccinated.*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Sr. System Administrator Jira. This person needs to have system admin experience for supporting Atlassian toolsets and JIRA. This person needs to have Scripting experience to do automation. Any experience with cloud, SSRS, or Tableau is a big plus for this position.
- Provide quality system admin support for Jira, Confluence, Crowd, and associated plug-in's, integrations including metrics reporting.
- Manage upgrades, patches, on-premises infrastructure, availability and performance of Jira, Confluence, Crowd data center along with installed Atlassian marketplace add-ons.
- Develop and manage integrations between Jira, Confluence, Crowd with enterprise applications such as ServiceNow using Scriptrunner for Jira.
- Manage global and project customization for large size Atlassian tools instance.
- Install and configure custom Jira add-ons to provide enhanced capabilities (eg, Scriptrunner, Automation for Jira, Configuration manager, Advanced Roadmaps and eazyBI. etc.)
- Manage Jira projects, users, permissions, Jira screen schemes, notification schemes, custom fields, field configurations, workflows, workflow functions and Confluence spaces/pages.
- Develop and manage reports for data in Jira using eazyBI, SSRS and PowerBI/Tableau.
- Develop automated scripts, post functions and triggers using Python, JAVA, Groovy, REST API, VB to automate system admin functions and develop home grown utilities.
- Establish standards, best practices, and governance for managing Jira and Confluence.
- Provide technical support for user management, creating custom dashboards, projects, issues, queries, workflows, and reports.
- Write custom JQL (Jira Query Language) to construct custom dashboards, advanced filter, and reports, using various filter types in JIRA and eazyBI reporting plugin.
- Experience in migrating Jira from one instance into another.
- Build, configure, deploy Unix Servers, and launch Atlassian Applications on UNIX Servers.
- Work with Atlassian support for the issues and resolving them in a timely manner without any interruption to the users.
- Develop requirements, test scripts and lead/participate in test execution for internal tool upgrade projects.
- Test new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions on the Tools and its processes
- Provide recommendations to users and management on best practices and standardization in implementing projects and processes within Jira and the Atlassian suite.
- 5+ years of relevant experience including operational support, troubleshooting activities and customer service
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or related experience
- Working knowledge of Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence, Crowd and Atlassian plug-in's such as Scriptrunner for Jira, Automation for Jira, eazyBI Jira & Configuration manager for Jira
- Expert skills in design and creation of Confluence spaces and pages
- Hands on experience with report development using SQL, eazyBI, SSRS, Tableau and PowerBI
- Working knowledge and coding experience using Python/JAVA and REST API
- Process governance experience or strong automation workflow knowledge