Machine Learning expert - binary-computing AI research
Posted on Apr 28, 2022 by Consol Partners
Senior consultant in binary-computing AI research (Machine Learning expert)
Initial 12 month contract + extensions
Paris, France (some remote per week possible)
Our client is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains - telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services - we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At our client, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions.
The Advanced Wireless Technology Laboratory of our client's Research Center located in Boulogne-Billancourt near Paris is dedicated to developing the technology that will be at the heart of future wireless networks. Our teams of high-end expertise covering all aspects of wireless communications and in strong collaboration with academic partners identify, develop, and validate intelligent computing and communication technologies to deliver the building blocks of networks of the future.
Within AWT laboratory, our Intelligent Computing and Communications team has the mission of creating disruptive innovations to enable pervasive and on-device learning as well as connected intelligence beyond 5G. Built on its in-house binary-computing AI breakthrough, it is working hard to provide a complete technology development including among other things innovations, theoretical foundation, applications, and eco-system development. We are looking for a senior consultant to join our team in Boulogne-Billancourt, France, and work on binary-computing AI technology with a focus on recurrent neural networks and transformers. It includes bibliographic study of related solutions, identification of key directions, solution design, implementation and evaluation as well as theoretical development.Key Responsibilities include
- Perform a comprehensive survey of low-complexity low-precision training of recurrent neural networks and transformers;
- Identify key building blocks to realize recurrent neural networks and transformers using our in-house binary-computing technology, then propose concrete design and algorithms for them;
- Implement and demonstrate the proposed solutions;
- Write technical report.
- PhD degree in machine learning, wireless communications, or mathematics;
- Strong experience (senior level) in research and innovation in the field of machine learning, computer vision, in particular good background in recurrent neural networks and transformer is a must;
- For machine learning background, having some knowledge in wireless communications is a big plus;
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++ and coding in general; knowledge of electronics and hardware is a big plus;
- Excellent communication skills - presentation, oral and smooth communication in English.