Data Modeler/Data Architect
Posted on Apr 27, 2022 by McCabe & Barton
A London based consultancy is now looking to a hire a Senior Modeler/Data Architect on an initial 6-month contract to work with a leading Financial services client. This role is offering £800 pd - inside of IR35 and the ideal Data Modeler/Data Architect would be willing to come into London occasionally. However, a fully remote is also an option.
- Maintain and govern conceptual, logical and physical data model changes and ensure consistency across workstreams
- Define and govern Datamodelling and design standards, tools and best practices
- Assist with setting standards for naming, security and life cycle/retention architecture
- Be accountable for consistency and Datamodelling best practices across project teams
- Define and maintain robust and scalable data models to manage data according to formal concepts, principles, and techniques
- Facilitate and promote the design and development of high-quality data artifacts within the data architecture to meet current and future business data and information needs
- Design and develop scalable, reusable data models on target data platforms with architectural standards and best practices
- Identify potential design, process and/or system changes to optimize performance and mitigate risks
- Managing data as a critical asset across all of the organization's business functions
- Work with functional specialists, understand business processes and translate functional specifications into data model requirements. Analysing and translating business needs into long-term solution data models
- Work together with developers, business analysts and product owners to ensure that new or modified data models are designed and developed using industry standard best practice design and development practices
- Drive modern data design patterns, project methodologies and ability to design and document complex data models from concept through deployment
If you are an experienced Data Modeler/Data Architect with the required background, please respond in the first instance with an up to date version of your CV for review.