Unix and Veritas - Level 2/3 Support and Pre-Sales Engineer
Posted on Apr 27, 2022 by Distributor Systems International Ltd
Great opportunity to join a growing and ambitious IT reseller with a drive to develop a managed services business stream and help define our cloud offerings.
DSI work closely with the likes of HPE, Dell EMC, VMware, Microsoft and many others. Our expertise is in Servers, storage and virtualisation.
Joining a small and focused team you will have a lot of opportunity to develop new skills and take a leading role in the managed services business.
You will be working in a small team and must have previous experience of reporting directly in to senior management. This will be a hands-on role and therefore you will be required to assist with operational maintenance, support and project work relating to our customer's UNIX & Linux platforms. Consolidate and improve existing deployments by designing and implementing new features, processes and best practices. Provide effective and timely operational support of critical business services to meet business requirements and objectives.
Essential Skills Required
- Team Leadership
- 5+ Years Solaris 11 System Administration
- Administration and Management of Veritas File System, Volume Manager and Volume Replicator
- Red Hat Linux Administration and Management
- Must be used to and comfortable with working within and managing a Team;
- Must have Large Enterprise Experience, which would include, but is not necessarily exclusive to, Banks, Heavily Regulated IT Infrastructure, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, etc.
- Must understand ITIL Service Delivery framework (Incident, Change Management etc.)
- Must have experience of Self-Management and Multi-tasking
- Experience of Vendor Management, including outsourced contracts.
- Experience/knowledge of SAN/NAS storage and management skills.
- Experience of working with Application, Windows (eg AD), Database and Security teams.
- Experience of working with Senior IT Management, Business representatives and Strategic Enterprise-wide projects.
- Extensive experience supporting and maintaining Business Critical Unix and Linux Servers:
- Installation and configuration of Oracle (Sun) Hardware, Solaris and Redhat & Suse Linux Operating systems.
- OS Storage management - HBA, iSCSI, CIFS/NFS etc.
- To include experience of using:
- Unix and Redhat Linux within a High Availability and/or Disaster Recovery technical infrastructure.
- File system management - ZFS, Veritas Filesystem etc.
- Monitoring and Capacity Management ideally Nagios, Solarwinds, ManageEngine.
- Secure methods of communication (SSH, Secure FTP etc), Setting up Secure Keys.
- Able to write Scripts and deploy quickly, Able to de-bug existing Scripts and tune and automate existing System Scripts. Able to schedule Scripts written in Shell, Perl, other Languages a plus.
The role is office based primarily at DSI's office in Crayford. You will be required to work on customer sites, travel to customer meetings, training and supplier events.