Junior App Developer
Posted on Apr 26, 2022 by Access Group
This position is a for a Junior App Developer to be part of a growing development team. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be influential in the design and enhancement of our flagship assistive technology app in our Health & Social Care division.
You will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are a strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic company. You will be expected to contribute to planning sessions and architect technical solutions as well as guide the technical evolution of products.
• Good understanding of hybrid mobile app development frameworks such as Xaramin, React Native, Ionic, Flutter, PhoneGap
• Experience in using distributed source control Git
• Basic understanding of mobile app architectures
• Familiar with Firebase Console, Google Play Store, App Store and app release processes
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum processes
• Develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies, provided that the solution was agreed with a more senior developer role
• Requirements review and refinement to identify and prevent potential defects
• Debugging: Analyse, identifies and fixes root cause of defects in the familiar area of an application
• Work with the project specific branching strategy, committing, merging and dealing with conflicts
• Deploy to environments using predefined build and deployment pipes, and use project specific development tools
• Collaborate with QA team and demonstrate increasing understanding of quality best practice
• Understands the business logic that applies in the worked area
• Continuously learn both development tools and technologies used in the worked project as well as other development tools and technologies
• Clearly report progress both verbally and in writing, keeping tracking systems up to date
As a well-rounded Junior App Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• A passion for software and technology
• Quick learning capability, easily picking up new technical concepts
• High standard of written and spoken English
• Open and collaborative style
• Problem solver
• Creative and innovative
• Can commit to delivering and maintaining high standards
• Manage time efficiently and effectively
• Pragmatic, competitive and driven to continuous learning/improvement
• Development and deployment of Enterprise SaaS solutions.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain