Graduate Software Developer - August 2022 start date
Posted on Apr 26, 2022 by Access Group
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 40,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are a skilled and enthusiastic Graduate Developer, who wants to work as part of a development team working on a variety of products and technologies. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be expected to work on all aspects of development. This will be centred on and around the delivery of web based Microsoft technologies.
As part of a team you will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards. You and the team will delivery software on-time and to agreed quality standards.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Take responsibility for providing estimates and delivering on these. Feedback on progress, risk and opportunities.
- Implementing automated unit and UI tests where appropriate
- Code reviewing other developers work, providing constructive feedback, advising on best practice & coding standards.
- Use a variety of delivery and CI technologies including azure, teamcity and octopus.
- Liaise with (and sometimes assist) other departments and functions including QA, sales and support in a professional manner with a focus on delivering the best customer experience.
- As a well-rounded Graduate Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- A passion for software and technology
- Quick learning capability, easily picking up new technical concepts
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Open and collaborative style
- A creative and innovative problem solver
- Can commit to delivering and maintaining high standards
- Manage time efficiently and effectively
- Commercially pragmatic and driven to continuous learning/improvement
- What does Access offer you?
- We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain