Posted on Apr 26, 2022 by Humanics, LLC
Kalcor Coatings Company is seeking a PRODUCTION OPERATOR for its location in Willoughby, OH. Started in 1961, Kalcor Coatings Company is A Right Size Company designing and manufacturing customized coatings and paint products to meet our customers' specific needs.
Our primary goal is to be a successful developer/producer/marketer of high-performance coatings with a deserved reputation for integrity, quality, responsibility, and competence in its treatment of employees, customers, suppliers, community and the public at large.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Operator controls and operates equipment to mix and manufacture paint, lacquer, and stain per batch tickets. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produces products by gathering, weighing, mixing and/or grinding raw materials using pumps, lines, valves, tanks, sand mills, filters and measuring devices.
- Makes adds to production batches per QC department to meet standards.
- Filters paint during the filling process into containers as specified on the batch ticket. Assembles filled containers and places orders on pallets.
- Operates lift truck to transport items.
- Maintains accurate records of materials and material lot numbers used and produced. Tracks raw materials inventories and notifies production supervisor when materials are nearing out-of-stock.
- Cleans interiors of processing tanks and maintains an orderly work area.
- Follows all safety standards and assures quality of work conforms to standards.
- High School diploma/GED. Prior manufacturing experience required; experience manufacturing coatings strongly preferred. Will consider a combination of experience and education.
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 70 pounds
- Fork lift operator's certificate and previous experience strongly preferred.
- Strong math skills, familiarity with US and metric measurements, and ability to convert between weights and measures
- Ability to follow verbal and written work orders and maintain accurate, legible records
- Candidates must be able to pass a color test, wear a fitted respirator, and tolerate solvent odors and other chemicals used within the facility.
- Kalcor is a smoke-free, tobacco-free and vaping-free facility.
Kalcor Coatings Company offers medical, vision, dental, life/AD&D, short- & long-term disability, and a 401k with a company match after one year. This is a first shift position.
If you are looking for a work environment that expects high quality work, professional conduct and respectful consideration for customers and coworkers alike, and you possess the skills and competencies for this position, we would like to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer