Senior Platform Engineer
Posted on Apr 26, 2022 by Request Technology
Senior Platform Engineer
Salary: open + bonus
Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI
*We do not provide sponsorship for this role*
A prestigious company is seeking a Senior Platform Engineer where you'll design, develop, and deliver custom solutions to big challenges. And you'll be doing it for a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest E-commerce sites in the U.S.
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows, and data.
- Work with project managers during scoping and requirements sessions.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Collaborate with enterprise and application architects to implement new solutions and improvise existing solutions.
- Implement appropriate monitoring, alerting and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
- Develop and document disaster recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure environment is recoverable within pre-determined SLAs.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Develop, Implement, and maintain CI/CD pipelines following the best practices.
- Configure and monitor application environments for the best performance.
- Plan for and apply application software patches.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Provide guidance and mentor junior members of the team.
- Provide on-call support for production environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 9+ years' experience supporting Middleware and packaged applications.
- 5 years of hands-on experience administering Java containers such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat or WebLogic with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes container orchestration tools a huge plus.
- Excellent knowledge of supporting software solutions on Red Hat Linux.
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Ansible, Azure DevOps, Git a huge plus.
- Understanding of network standards, such as DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts such as load balancing and routing; ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.
- Comfortable with Scripting languages such as bash, Perl, and python to automate tasks
- Experience using APM products like Dynatrace a plus.