Business Development Director
Posted on Apr 25, 2022 by WDS Global Limited
Our Client is a quality, value driven Creative technology studio, specialising in creating moving, still and interactive content that bring our clients vision to life. With a focus on CGI, Film, Exhibitions & Virtual Reality; creating innovative visual campaigns and experiences for clients around the world
Founded in 2015, they have grown year on year in size, skills and ambition, attracting clients from all over the UK, UAE, EU & USA. Our growth and ambition have led to the requirement for a Business Development Director to assist the Client Services Director in building new business for this exciting company. We are particularly looking towards New York & Saudi Arabia; this role will definitely involve travel.
The ideal BDD should be commercially astute and have excellent communication skills, with a proven record in generating significant revenues and a real love for world-class service.
This is a young, dynamic and fast-moving company; the ideal fit would be a candidate who is ambitious, entrepreneurial and keen to have genuine influence - helping to shape the growth of the business's future.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Generating leads and efficiently keeping in regular contact with existing prospect
• Working with existing clients to open up New Business Opportunities
• Reaching out to new prospects globally, particularly with a view to reach new markets.
• Presenting to senior decision makers within agencies, brands and developers (NBD's, MD's and CEO's)
• Understanding and keeping up-to-date with constant developments in architectural/development industry as well as emerging technology such as Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality & Mixed Reality.
• Identifying areas for expansion and development (further to the above).
• Developing a targeted long-term new business strategy to also encompass regional and international agencies/media owners and foster growth in these key areas for the future
• Setting up and attending meetings, pitches to potential and existing clients.
• Create weekly/monthly forecasts on revenue/target management and end of month reports on revenue and market performance
• Creating proposal documents, requesting information and processing orders.
• Maximising networking opportunities and regularly using conferences, events and trade shows to increase awareness and develop a further network of contacts
• Management and development of existing client relationships
• Building client base
Key Skills /Requirements:
• Minimum 3 years' experience within Business Development/New Business or Account Management role
• Agency or similar experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Self-starter who is target-driven and motivated - must be comfortable in a target-oriented environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (telephone, written and face-to-face)
• Consultative sales skills: our audience is made up of architects/developers & agencies and requires a balance of soft sell approach and hard sell closure
• Experience working in a marketing/agency/ architectural environment and understanding of (and passion for) the industry.
• The ideal candidate will be determined, outgoing, positive, articulate and diplomatic.
NB. Willing to consider candidates that have the majority if not all these attributes and skills if they can otherwise prove their suitability for the role
Remuneration: £45-000 - £50,000 + Commission. OTE £80,000
Holiday: 21 Days annually
Flexibility on working hours/working from home. Typically working in Studio 2/3 days a week but encourage travel in this role.
Opportunity to work in a young, dynamic office with ambitious growth plans.
International Travel opportunities (Entering new markets)
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.