Posted on Apr 25, 2022 by Zonal
Are you our missing ingredient?
If you've booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out's app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from our modern head office in Edinburgh, a Midlands base in Stafford, our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
What you'll do
We're a forward thinking and progressive company and we've recently changed the makeup of our systems to meet the demands of our expanding customer base. We're moving to a hybrid cloud landscape using the right technologies for the best outcomes.
Our Managed Services team is expanding, and we have career opportunities for Platform Engineers to join our family. We're giving the job title of Platform Engineer however you could come from a Sys Admin or Infrastructure Specialist specialism.
As a Platform Engineer, you'll combine your engineering expertise in design, integration, tooling, and ongoing maintenance to help build and run the systems behind our industry leading solutions.
You will be tasked with ensuring our internal and externally available systems are highly available, secure with performance appropriate to customer's needs.
You and your team will:
- Build strong, collaborative relationships acting as the glue between in-house development, networks, DBA and Devops teams
- Design, implement and maintain robust, self-healing, and highly available platforms
- Continually improve processes, response and recovery times through logging, monitoring, and alerting
- Perform capacity analytics and demand management
- Automate, tool and document wherever possible
- Own Disaster Recovery and data protection frameworks
- Bring expertise and a streetwise perspective to problem solving, reduction of complexity and reliability patterns
- Participate in On-Call cover and Incident Response
- Play a key role in change management and the delivery pipeline into production ensuring security and stability
Who you are
As a Platform Engineer you will have a background delivering and operating Windows Server or Linux based systems having spent at least some of your career as a member of multi-disciplined engineering team.
Key skills we would like you to have:-
- Delivery of core infrastructure services within a VMWare or Azure environment
- Solid experience in scripting, tooling, automation, and system management technologies, IaC frameworks desirable
- Experienced in complex provisioning and deployment scenarios
- A good understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and cloud technologies
- Comfortable in networking concepts and protocols, TCP/IP, firewalls, DNS, VPNs
- Good understanding of storage, disaster recovery and data protection functional areas
- A self-starter with a passion for technology and problem solving, with excellent analytical skills who thrives in a fast-paced autonomous environment
- Quick to spot opportunities and new capabilities in technologies
- A champion of consistency, security, and monitoring
- A strong collaborator, organised, with a safe pair of hands
- A team player that enjoys influencing change and continual improvement
- Comfortable communicating to mixed audiences
- Critical thinking, a delivery-oriented attitude, with attention to detail
- Minimum 3+ years' experience
What we value
Passion, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability, Customer Obsession and Professionalism are the values we believe make us the company we are. We are looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.