SAP Finance Project Manager
Posted on Apr 24, 2022 by Avanda Group AG
Our client is an SAP Partner Saas company. They developed a global Indirect Tax platform in the cloud that integrates with SAP and they also work with multinationals on their SAP Finance/Tax Digital transformation projects.
The platform is used by multinationals to manage their Indirect Tax compliance obligations around the world. They are speaking about E-Invoicing, SAF-T, CTC Continuous Transaction Control. To support the growth of the organization we are now looking to hire a SAP Finance Project Manager on a long term basis exceptional talents.
You will be exposed to not only the latest SAP technologies such as S/4, BTP, Fiori, SAP Analytics Cloud, CPI but you will also have the opportunity to work on the future of Tax & Technology which is only going to increase in the next decade.
As the platform develops and gets more traction you will want to give our clients the best customer experience.
As an SAP Finance Project Manager you will be responsible for the overall management of projects and you will join a team of like-minded professionals.
- Responsible for defining, planning, tracking and managing the project, for identifying key resources and providing the direction they require in order meeting project objectives
- Provides leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria
- Ensure adherence to project management methodology practices, provide team coaching, evaluate the performance of team members and reinforce the enterprise knowledge management through the collection and communication of lessons learned.
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them
- Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance
- Ensure quality forecasting is conducted to understand accurate financial position
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans ad identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action
- Conduct the project planning activities SAP Cross-LoB and manage the execution of large scale, high risk, or strategic projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, Initiating to Closing )
- manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story
- Perform Project Management Reviews and mentor project managers on project management methodology, standards and processes
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team. Review quality of work and manage integration of team members' work. Provide performance input to project team members' functional management
- Takes responsibility from time to time as team lead and supports respective line manager(s) in people development tasks
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization's project management community
- Participate in the development of project management best practice
- A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise
- Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Excellent understanding of SAP solutions and of the consulting business processes and functions
- Highly developed business acumen
- Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests
- Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets
- Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of project management
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with Senior Executive management, clients, peers and team members
- PMP OR Prince2 certification and/or other project management certifications are additional benefit
- Position SAP Activate (and relevant variants) as the delivery methodology
- More than 5 years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects
- Some international implementation experience required
- Fluent English mandatory
Interested in this excellent opportunity? If so, please, send your resume to Fabiana.