Senior Solution Design Architect/Business Architect - 6 month contract - £750-£850pd (inside)
Posted on Apr 24, 2022 by McCabe & Barton
We are seeking 2 x Senior Solution Design Architect (SSDA)/Business Architect with a background in financial services (Retail/Investment Banking, Asset/Wealth Management or Insurance) for an initial 6 month (extendable) contract - £750-£850pd (inside IR35)- London - HYBRID working model (2 days WFH, 3 days London)
The Senior Solution Design Architect (SSDA), will work within the Solution Architecture and Design Team where the vision is To rapidly turn Business Need and Strategic Intent into Real Solutions'. The SSDA will provide solution architecture expertise across the Technology & Transformation team within the business division. The SSDA will actively participate in establishing solution architecture models, patterns, processes and tools:- Working collaboratively with domain architects, delivery teams and other senior stakeholders across Business Technology and Transformation.
Our client REQUIRES a background in financial services (Retail/Investment Banking, Asset/Wealth Management or Insurance), though open to other highly regulated global industries or who is MBA educated and has most of the following experience:-
Ensuring solution design delivery confidence across all levels with technical and non-technical audiences
Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and effective at making good decisions and delivering business value in line with BT&T strategy
Demonstrated ability to work independently focusing on priorities, and managing a high-volume of tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage and influence a broad range of individuals across various internal and external businesses and support functions
Good influencing skills, ability to develop and mentor individuals and a collaborative worker who freely shares their knowledge and experience
The successful hire can expect to:
- Lead the design and development of architecture models and frameworks to support Solution Design.
- Lead the production of Outline Solutions that span Business, Security, Data, Service and Application architecture, by working with architects from other domains, SME's, Product Owners and Service Managers.
- Capture requirements and interpret business needs to propose solutions that deliver business value and align to strategy and the Transformation Agenda.
- Provide architectural and design consultancy, coaching and mentoring within assigned projects and/or product teams.
- Enable Product Owners and/or Project Managers to understand the proposed solutions sufficiently to plan and execute rapid delivery.
- Contribute to effective decision making by the Executive via considered input to Design Authorities and similar forums
- To take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group's policies and procedures
- Ensure that the principles of Conduct Risk are Embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times.
- Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers great customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk
Key competencies sought include: Customer Orientation, Communicating & Influencing, Collaboration, People Management (mentoring up to 3 team members), Commercial Awareness along with a flexible, change oriented mindset.