Senior IT Business Analyst
Posted on Apr 24, 2022 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
IT Business Analyst, The Hague
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
Starting date: ASAP
Contract ends: End of year (possible extension)
For our big client in the Oil & Gas sector, we are looking for a Business Analyst with an IT background. As a Projects Business Analyst, you are responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of their clients and stakeholders and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This position will give you the opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction in the business community.
Accountabilities & key roles:
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and (non-)functional requirements including health, safety, security, usability, data and supportability considerations.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information
- Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
- Lead stakeholder management activities including facilitation of large design sessions.
- Experience analysing the alignment between business requirements and system capabilities.
- Good understanding and experience with Agile frameworks and experience working in Agile projects.
- Having a background with IT related projects.
- Experience in Agile tooling is a must (-VSTS).
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts and data/process analysis and modelling.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly.
- Agile certifications/trainings
- CBAP or PMI-PBA certification
- Lean Practitioner training and experience
Are you interested or do you want more information? Please apply, send an email to or call during working hours to (see below).
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.