Posted on Apr 22, 2022 by ComplyAdvantage
We are looking for a driven, talented Senior Software Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions, which help organizations fight financial crime! We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. You will join the Risk Information Graph team within the ComplyData group, which is focused on building and reasoning across a knowledge graph in order to identify novel risks and warning signals from large scale corporate datasets.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers', Index Ventures, Balderton Capital and Goldman Sachs.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We're leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry's leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don't believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor .
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Risk Information Graph team. As a senior contributor to the team, you'll help us all the way from making the initial architectural and technical decisions through to building the knowledge graph and deriving new insights from it . We'll be looking to you to bring your own ideas and experience, but also to bring out the best in others through coaching, mentoring and supporting more junior staff.
What does success look like after 3 months?
You will have successfully located yourself within the team and developed productive working relationships with your colleagues.
You will be able to fully articulate the problems we're trying to solve and contribute to the ongoing discussions around architecture and the feature set required to address them.
You will have contributed high quality code in furtherance of the team's goals and implemented several new features or pipelines.
You will have contributed your ideas to the architectural evolution of the platform and seen those ideas through to implementation.
Your colleagues will have come to value your technical advice, and you are able to constructively identify areas that need improving.
We're looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
Your ability to:
- Communicate capably, and translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Analyse and problem solve effectively
Your experience of:
- Writing production quality code in Java or Kotlin
- Working within a range of data storage and retrieval paradigms including search engines, document stores, key-value storage and classical relational databases.
- Working with cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP) or containerised infrastructure (Kubernetes / Docker / ArgoCD / Argo Workflow)
- Delivering and supporting data-intensive applications in production and at scale
- Working as part of a cross-functional team in an agile environment
The following are highly desirable, but not essential:
- Prior experience working at scale with graph database technologies (RDF Stores, Property Graphs or multi-model).
- You're experienced in creating large scale extract, transform and load pipelines for structured and semi-structured NLP datasets.
- Experience using message queues (Kafka) to facilitate continuous stream processing.
The benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include the below;
- Unlimited Time Off Policy
- Flexible Working opportunities
- Paid Sick Leave
- Hybrid Working opportunities
- Pension Contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Parental Leave (Maternity, Paternity and Adoption too)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Childcare benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Eye Care Vouchers
At ComplyAdvantage diversity fuels our rocket ship and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and aspire to consider every application fairly.