Lead UX Designer
Posted on Apr 22, 2022 by Responsive Search, Inc.
The Lead UX Designer is responsible for leading major UX projects for SaaS web applications designed for and used across multiple environments, Web, Tablet & Mobile. This person communicates on a team-wide level to guide the direction of User Experience and works with stakeholders on design and usability for various applications for car dealers. The Lead UX Designer will define and implement design processes, best practices, and leverage best-in-class industry standards to deliver high quality experiences that engage our customers.
- Collaborates with product managers, developers, content strategists and others to execute design concepts and to help build the narrative of the product vision
- Utilize design principles & philosophy to design and build engaging customer experiences that solve problems or deliver the optimum user experience within an application or across multiple applications by understanding target user groups, intended use cases of those users and interactions between applications
- Conceptualize and create sketches, wireframes, pixel-perfect design mockups and other UX deliverables that represent the user paths through the application/s by leveraging existing design systems, and where no precedent exists, using existing pages as framework for designs.
- Utilize/monitor design system for consistency and overall experience across multiple applications.
- Shows clear understanding of the business to allow building and deliver engaging customer experiences that clearly align to business goals and objectives
- Confident leading projects and groups to support sprint deliverables to meet deadlines and milestones
- Plans and delivers one's own design work with a sense of urgency, utilizing lean tools and techniques, while balancing priorities from multiple stakeholders across the Product and Technology teams.
- Collaborates effectively with all departments across the business & creates alignment across teams
- As needed provide guidance on implementation of UX research techniques and testing to assess user behavior within application
- Exemplify a culture of collaboration, open communication, mutual respect, and high morale
- 6+ years of UX Design experience
- Professional experience with ownership of a UI pattern library.
- Ability to manage backlog and projects independently of engineering and project management using Jira & Confluence
- Strong fundamental design skills with a working knowledge of industry standard tools such as AdobeXD or Figma
- End-User Application design experience a must with a strong basis of HCI fundamentals
- Experience with delivery of mobile apps along with web application design
- Passion for building functional and engaging user experiences with a strong customer-centric focus.
- Strong communication with stakeholders including engineering, product, and project managers
- Understanding technical limitations and applying those to current designs, with the ability to articulate trade-offs and the ability to negotiate as a champion for the user with the best UX in mind
- Experience with user research by ways of user outreach, user research surveys, and interviews