Application Security Engineer - Junior
Posted on Apr 22, 2022 by Orbis Consultants Limited
Application Security Engineer | Junior/Computer Science graduates encouraged to apply!
Are you passionate about securing the application development pipeline and ensuring the security of web applications? Are you looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment? My renowned client, a global travel company, is looking to hire an Application Security Engineer for our security team. In this role, you'll evaluate the security posture of the company's applications.
At this junior level, they will invest in your training & development - this includes funding courses, certificates and the career progression is highly beneficial to your growth - two performance and salary reviews per year.
Fully remote, you can be based anywhere in the UK. Salary is up to £55,000 per annum, very strong bonus, and attractive stock options on top of that.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Scanning web applications looking for vulnerabilities and ensuring they get fixed
- Working knowledge of any Object Oriented programming language (eg. Java/Python or similar technology)
- Strong IaaS security skills, with a focus on cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, GCP would be really advantageous but not mandatory
- Hands-on experience or strong knowledge in security aspects of compliance standards (ISO 27001, SSAE 16, COBIT, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, etc.)
- Researching new security threats, vulnerabilities and exploit techniques
- Responding to new security threats and help implement new requirements as needed
- Complete work accurately and within the deadlines required.
- Provides technical guidance and oversight when working with developers
- Work in a team environment while maintaining confidentiality of investigation information
- Good knowledge of working with OWASP concepts for various solutions
- The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical field ie Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Security certifications are desired but not required (CISSP, GIAC, CEH, MSCE, Security+, CSSLP).
- At least 1-2 years of demonstrated manual security testing
- You must have a solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization, and general application security requirements
- Experience implementing and operating security technologies and processes in a hybrid cloud environment, such as AWS or Azure and customer premise
- Strong understanding of IT operations and service support processes, ITILv3 certification preferred
What you'll get:
- Annual bonus
- Stock and Share Package
- Annual Stock Awards
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Annual lifestyle benefit allowance (eg for travel, health, fitness, wellbeing)
- Flexible hours
- Hybrid or remote working
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Employee assistance program
All this whilst kick-starting/continuing your career growth with an amazing team, company and environment.
Two-stage interview process, efficient.
Get in touch ASAP - (see below)