Sr. Software Quality Control Engineer
Posted on Apr 22, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a Sr. Software Quality Control Engineer. Candidate is responsible for guiding and executing the testing of software features as part of a collaborative team including product managers and developers. This role is responsible for leading quality review of custom developed applications, including creation of test plans and strategy, test cases in partnership with the development team, product owners and business stakeholders and which are used to shape and verify code and check conformance to system requirements and acceptance criteria. The position requires someone who has proven experience of testing independently and as part of a team. The role also tracks strategic testing across multiple applications due to enterprise-wide upgrades or maintenance. The ideal candidate will review and make recommendations on QA standards and frameworks, including but not limited to, matters of manual, automated and performance testing and defect management. They will provide a recommendation for growth of the internal quality assurance team, processes and tools.
- Works with project team members to design, develop, and execute test plans.
- May consult to project teams, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and Business Units to design and develop test plans, test cases, and execution procedures.
- Executes testing across multiple SDLC methodologies (Agile, Rapid Development, Waterfall, etc.)
- Translates functional and technical requirements into test cases and execution procedures.
- Recommends appropriate test execution approach in consideration of cost, scope, and timeline of product/solution delivery.
- Develops and executes manual and automated test cases and procedures.
- Works with project team members to document and track defects from point of defect identification through resolution.
- Responsible for logging, tracking, reproducing and verifying solution defects from point of defect identification through resolution.
- Identifies test execution metrics to project team members.
- Prepares and communicates test results and reports accurate testing status to project team members.
- Provides estimates of text execution to support project-level resource planning efforts.
- May be required to facilitate onboarding and off boarding of in-sourced and/or outsourced testing resources.
- Review others (team or cross team) executed test results and help determine issues and priorities.
- Create and maintain quality control artifacts and make available to teams within and outside of IT.
- Adheres to industry and Firmwide IT specific quality engineering standards and processes.
- May be required to step in as a product manager for products that do not have an assigned Product Manager.
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology or similar disciplines or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of IT experience with 8+ software testing experience in a quality management role.
- Clearly expresses verbal and written ideas.
- Understands, interprets and evaluates messages.
- Collaborates effectively.
- Conducts him/herself with utmost integrity at all times.
- Reports unethical conduct as required.
- Encourages fiscal responsibility and maintains confidentiality.
- Builds and maintains positive and supportive relationships across all departments and offices.
- Resolves conflict constructively.
- Establishes an environment of trust to promote knowledge sharing and group participation.
- Effectively resolves conflicts.
- Embraces change, performs with confidence in ambiguous situations.
- Provides leadership and creative solutions to project planning and problem solving.
- Demonstrates agility as needed.
- Takes a practive approach to meeting customer needs.
- Invests time to establish the trust of customers.
- Confidently embraces new challenges.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve performance.
- Exceeds expectations without being prompted.
- Understands internal and external clients.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Microsoft Outlook
- iManage DMS
- iDevice (Iphone/IPad)
- Microsoft Skype
- Avaya Telephone/Equinox
- VSTS-Visual Services Team Services
Additional Technologies Preferred
- Eclipse/Microsoft Project
- SQL (Writing simple queries)
- Enterprise Management Systems, Finance, Human Resource, Time Tracking, Billing, Risk