Head of PMO (Hybrid working)
Posted on Apr 21, 2022 by LTS Resourcing
Our market leading client is looking to secure the services of a Head of PMO to play a key part in providing leadership, co-ordination, analysis and management to PMO, governance, risk & compliance activities.
As the Head of PMO you will be hands-on, delivery focused with a broad set of skills who can operate across a variety of levels of detail and complexity, related professional disciplines, and stakeholder groups.
Alongside this the Head of PMO will provide coordination and direction across BAU change projects while ensuring adherence to the governance framework for project delivery and mobilisations programmes within IT.
Also, the Head of PMO will make decisions which influence the success of projects and broader IT and business objectives. They will need to collaborate with a variety of IT and business stakeholders ensuring that project outcomes are met in line with agreed project requirements.
Key Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrable senior experience working in and managing Portfolio and Project Management
- Good knowledge of project management tools and techniques and qualified to an appropriate level in relevant project methodologies (or qualified by demonstrable experience).
- Experience in improving an existing PMO operation
- Proven stakeholder and people manager, demonstrating the ability to develop a team
- Experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Able and willing to take a leading role in the design and implementation of practices to improve the maturity of processes
- Experienced in IT project environments from inception to completion
- A broad understanding of the Risk Management Lifecycle