Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
Posted on Apr 21, 2022 by OCC Computer Personnel
We are working with a leading engineering player in the energy sector in Ireland.
They is an exciting opportunity to work in the delivery of many interesting civil and structural engineering projects which they are delivering on its program to transition to Net Zero Carbon by 2040.
- Promote and take ownership for the safety and quality management culture on assigned projects.
- Provide civil, structural engineering technical services and design capability from concept, to procurement, to detailed design and the delivery of engineering works.
- Identify survey/investigation requirements, procure and manage consultants/surveys, undertake surveys, review technical reports, and progress solutions to technical issues that arise.
- Manage and co-ordinate all relevant civil/structural engineering and associated disciplines' activities required to successfully deliver projects to approved scope, budget and programme including the management of civil works contracts.
- Prepare technical documentation for construction contracts, such as but not limited to the technical and non-technical specifications, design development and direct the production of drawings, coordinating pricing schedules and bills of quantities, and review and assemble contract packages.
- Undertake site supervision/inspections and report of progress.
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Mentoring and training of junior staff.
- Develop and manage project implementation plans covering key aspects of scope, programme, and cost.
- Ensure adherence to requirements.
- Ensure that information is produced, managed, and maintained appropriately and consistent with our procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant post graduate experience
- Developed a strong technical capability, in civil and structural engineering design and competence to deliver civil/structural engineering design packages
- Preparing structural design calculations by hand as well as experience in using structural software packages
- Demonstrated a strong capability in assessing, communicating, and managing project critical technical risks
- Experience in the use of Eurocodes
- Demonstrated a record of successfully managing significant projects or aspects of significant projects of a multidisciplinary nature
- A proven ability to work as part of a project team
- A can do' attitude in all dealings with internal and external stakeholders
- The demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Full driving licence and access to a car
We do offer a fantastic referral scheme bonus so please don't miss out and send people our way!