Offshore Wind Turbine Package Manager
Posted on Apr 21, 2022 by OCC Computer Personnel
We are working with a leading renewable energy player based in Dublin.
The role consists of leading the Offshore Turbine Package supporting the project portfolio through Development Rights Competition, RtM Auction and Consent. There is also potential within the role to also support the project portfolio more broadly providing strategic input into the overall delivery of the technical aspects of the projects.
Responsibilities will cover many but not necessarily all of the items below. Within the project team, you lead and manage the scope of the wind turbine package, which consist of:
- Lead WTG related activities for offshore wind projects, at various stages of project maturity for both fixed and floating offshore wind farms
- Map out WTG procurement processes within EMP, including development of strategies, preparation of tender documents, lead technical negotiations and clarifications, and assessment of tender returns
- Assessment of WTG design, certification process, manufacturing, delivery, installation, and commissioning
- Coordinating and leading contract negotiations with turbine suppliers for turbine supply agreement and service agreements
- Identifying technology and design risk and ensuring appropriate mitigations are developed and communicated effectively across the business
- Support the business with route to market approach eg ORESS, PPA, CFD, etc.
- Support the project team during Consenting, RtM auctions and bank financing processes
- Follow-up with WTG supplier during execution phase, including attendance at FAT, SAT, commissioning, and installation activities
- Identifying and managing the interfaces between the WTG package and other packages (Commercial and Technical) to ensure that the overall offshore wind development is successfully procured and delivered
- Technical due diligence for wind projects to support potential acquisitions
- Maintaining strong working relationships with the WTG suppliers and act as our point of contact for obtaining information required by in-house and external designers
- Provide regular internal updates around technology advancements and market conditions
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Knowledge of wind turbine technology and large-scale offshore wind projects
- Strong experience in leading the preparation of technical specifications for WTG procurement
- A good understanding of turbine supply and service agreements including management of same
- A demonstrated focus on commerciality and customer service
- Strong commercial acumen and a firm grasp of the context and implications of engineering activities and decisions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work and share knowledge and competencies with a team
- A pro-active, enthusiastic, and commercially focussed individual
- Attention to detail with ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- Proven ability to collaborate and engage with stakeholders
- Flexibility, which is important in all aspects of the role, including travel nationally and internationally.
- The ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous projects.
We do offer a fantastic referral scheme bonus so don't miss out and send people our way!