JD Edwards Solution Architect
Posted on Apr 20, 2022 by The Royak Group Inc.
Summary of Role:
The JDE Solution Architect drives architecture decisions for future expansion of JDE EnterpriseOne platform, reviews current architecture and makes appropriate changes to support future growth. Will work closely with technical and functional leads to design solutions that are flexible, scalable and reusable while meeting the business needs in a timely manner. Will be responsible for providing technical guidance as well as ensuring that technical teams are following standards while implementing new projects and/or enhancements. This role is a key position that is responsible for providing support and database analysis for the Business teams within the company. Will coordinate preparation of key deliverables with team members and ensure consistency, accuracy and timeliness across all categories. This role requires significant collaboration with Business Units and functional partners. To accomplish these and other tasks assigned, the individual will need to develop and demonstrate strong cross functional relationships and become a trusted member of the team. As part of this role, the incumbent will have significant exposure to and direct interaction with functional business process owners.
- Provides JD Edwards solution architecture, design, and configuration services as required based on an in-depth understanding of the JD Edwards application toolkit and related technologies
- Designs and authors technical & functional specifications to meet business requirements.
- Quickly troubleshoots technical issues and provide solutions and bug fixes in JDE ERP systems using various tools and information such as server logs and report debug logs as required.
- Provides architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to software development teams. Lead design of technical solutions required to enable integration. Leads design of reusable components.
- Develops and documents in-depth knowledge of company's existing JDE footprint; makes recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives. Prepares and facilitates periodic technology and application reviews of major systems, working with business department and IT staff, vendors and consultants as required.
- Defines and measures JDE systems technical performance. Tracks and improves performance and availability of JDE.
- Provides solutions for integrating JDE EnterpriseOne solutions with other existing internal business systems and software applications. Designs, configures and enforces best practices regarding security rights, processes and procedures within JDE EnterpriseOne.
- Works closely with developers to ensure systems and code perform as designed and meet established standards.
- Ensures successful customer implementations using enterprise data integration solutions by developing and capturing repeatable best practices.
- Leverages SQL Server, including data profiling, data quality, ETL, and metadata by designing and architecting enterprise data integration solutions.
- Designs ETL architecture, develop and support data warehousing solution
- Implements Master Data Management (MDM) procedures and processes.
- Leads Legacy data conversion projects, aligning and conforming data into an enterprise data warehouse used for populating a JD Edwards ERP system.
- Develops and supports ETL processes from 3rd party business tools and solutions.
- Conducts troubleshooting and bug fixing on databases and applications, resolving issues without excessive downtime or data loss. Validates data and performs extensive testing to ensure that the database systems and access programs meet the end user's requirements. Ensures that data is intact, correct and accessible after a server migration or backup.
- Gathers requirements and specifications from end users. Uses this information to design and structure data and grant access to users. Additionally, shares these requirements with developers on their team to guide development projects and ensure that the system meets functional requirements.
- Constantly seeks out methods to better handle data and increase system efficiency. This can mean assisting developers with writing more complex and optimized queries, changing data structures or automating tasks to decrease development time. Also proposes and develops improved methodologies and institute best practices around database security and access.
- Collaborates with the Business Systems Analysts and Systems Engineers to understand the business capabilities required to support company's needs.
- Researches new features and enhancements with new releases of JDE E1, and defines retrofit requirements for old code to take advantage of these during upgrades.
- Evaluates ASUs and ESUs for applicability to our environment to keep our environments updated. Evaluates and implements DevOps process for continuously keeping JDE updated based on vendor recommendations and best practices.
- Conducts research on other ERP solutions to understand capabilities and define 3-5 year roadmap for the ERP platform.
- Suggests and implements test automation for JDE modules used at the company for regression testing.
- Assesses team member knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise. Mentors staff in improving knowledge and skills.
Industry experience: Previous experience in Distribution/Manufacturing environment preferred. Experience with JD Edwards or other ERP system (business intelligence) a plus.
Technical Skills: High level of proficiency with Excel, SQL Server, ETL, and BI Reporting Toolsets including Tableau and PowerBI.
Data Management: Extensive familiarity with data management principles and best practices in order to properly store, migrate, and structure data for multiple applications
Problem-solving skills: Should be skilled creative and technical problem-solvers, able to isolate and resolve database issues in Real Time to maintain access and data integrity
Software programming: Architects don't write much code but they may advise developers on operations, scripts, and triggers to improve database access and should be familiar with one or more Scripting languages
Process enhancement: Should be skilled at developing more efficient processes for handling and accessing data, automating recurring tasks, and performing routine maintenance
Reasoning Skills: Problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills are key personal attributes.
Integrity: The successful candidate will have a reputation for integrity, initiative, perseverance, success, and confidentiality.
Personal Interaction: Must enjoy working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment. Must be comfortable meeting deadlines, and able to prioritize tasks in a highly dynamic environment. Individual should be comfortable interacting with varying levels of the organization and across different functional groups.
Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analysing data and problem-solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive the culture and execute on common goals.
Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Communication Skills: Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to speak and write concisely and effectively, communicating in a timely manner.
Bachelor's Degree Required in Information Technology or related field
Travel is generally not required, but may at times be necessary