Senior Security Engineer
Posted on Apr 20, 2022 by Request Technology
Senior Security Engineer
Salary: $120k-$130k + Bonus
Location: Chicago, IL/Dallas, TX
*We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role*
A prestigious company is seeking a Senior Security Engineer responsible for driving critical security related projects, managing day to day engineering and assessment tasks, cloud-based initiatives, and DevOps development for security related endeavors. This position is a senior engineering position that requires the ability to complete highly technical tasks as well as provide informational updates to leadership and executive staff.
- Five years' experience with security engineering activities and testing
- Three years of experience with DevOps processes
- Three years' experience with AWS architecture and services.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of security controls and standards in relation to Cloud Security, Architecture, and Security Testing.
- Ability to manage multiple intricate projects with strict deadlines while maintaining best in class work.
- Ability to functionally serve as a primary point of contact across multiple teams within the organization and to lead projects for the entirety of the life cycle.
- Experience with AWS Services including automation services (Lambda, JSON, etc )
- Experience with DevOps Pipelines and GitHub Repos
- Architectural understanding and expertise of cloud and hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Willingness to train and learn HashiCorp Product line to include Terraform, Sentinel and Hashi Coding Language (HCL) for automated deployment of security tools and services
- Perform cloud assessments, web application penetration testing, mobile application testing, network, and operating system assessments
- Perform independent reviews of security, network, applications, and cloud environments
- Plan/Design/Execute security related activities with automation as the primary driver to align with security strategy and vision
- Produce artifacts for various levels of leadership and staff relating to security related activities
- Ensure alignment of security controls as part of the Blue Team testing program and supporting services and related policies and procedures with applicable regulations and industry standard best practices
- Assist management with the improvement of policy and procedure to support Security Testing and Blue Team activities as well as other security duties which may arise
- Participate in developing security roadmap, adopt security best practices, and implement new ideas and innovations according to the industry trends