Posted on Apr 19, 2022 by English Rural Housing Association in collaboration with The Cambridgeshire Cottage Housing Society
Our client is a housing specialist working to provide affordable homes for local people.
They are now recruiting for a Surveyor and Project Manager in the Cambridgeshire area.
About the role
This role will be a hybrid working arrangement but principally working from home, with some attendance at the London office (circa once a week).
The Surveyor and Project Manager is the sole lead and manager of a small affordable housing association within the main group. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with colleagues across the Group to:
- Inform and deliver agreed business strategy;
- Lead on surveying a diverse range of homes incorporating a high degree of listed properties - overseeing repairs and maintenance investment;
- Deliver an agreed approach to asset management, including rationalisation and programme of disposals;
- Enhance contractor relationships, improving quality, performance and value;
- Deliver comprehensive and inclusive processes ensuring a quality offer to residents;
- Advise and support the delivery of the Service Agreement between the subsidiary housing association and parent association.
You must have sound property surveying experience, contract negotiation skills and an appreciation of housing rationalisation and disposals.
You must be also competent in strategic and business administration; with the ability to build and maintain successful partnerships.
The key attributes for this role are an understanding of and support for equalities, legislation, policies and practice, also a commitment to working in a way that is consistent with agreed values.
It is essential that you have robust IT skills and demonstrable commitment to using technology and software solutions to improve workflow and the customer offering.
Ideally you will be educated to degree level or exemplify equivalent experience. Otherwise a qualification in a surveying related subject, a relevant professional qualification or commitment to securing this status through agreed professional development would be advantageous. An understanding of data security and protection would be welcomed.
If you feel excited by the challenges posed by this role, please click the apply button and email your CV (with a supporting statement detailing the skills and experience you have to meet the role requirements)
The closing date is 1pm on Friday 29 th April 2022 - however we reserve the right to close the application process earlier. Interviews will be held in early May
This organisation is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in its workforce.