Posted on Apr 19, 2022 by Vital Hub
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
VitalHub are a rapidly growing global healthcare technology group, with a number of award winning software platforms and brands. A role has arisen for a development manager to lead the software development on a number of patient flow software platforms.
The Development Manager will coordinate with all areas of the business to efficiently deliver high value, quality software solutions. The Development Manager works with the business tech leadership to define and implement technical architecture, design principles, and coding guidelines throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
The suitable candidate will have a passion for technology, quality and customer satisfaction. A hands on developer, with commercial understanding, and exceptional communication and leadership skills looking to make a step up the career ladder.
- Day to day management of remote (onshore and offshore) development teams across multiple platforms and technologies
- Work with the Product Office/SME's (Subject Matter Experts) to ensure clear development requirements are defined
- Collaborate with the QA team in terms of task prioritization, task status and readiness for QA and best practices related to QA, automated & performance testing
- Maintain the development backlogs (MS DevOps and Jira)
- Guide the development staff in relation to architecture, design principles, and coding standards
- Staff performance review and target setting
- Mentoring of development staff
- Lead on application architecture
- Code reviews
- Establish and maintain supplier and partner relationships
- Input into hiring process and onboarding of new starters
- TDD, DDD
- Experience developing multi-tenant SAAS solutions
- Some experience Azure / AWS
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commercially aware
- Ability to communicate effectively with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and deliver work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Jira / MS DevOps
- Git source control
- React / React Native
- NHS / Healthcare software experience
- Freshdesk or similar helpdesk solution
- Understanding of integration technologies including HL7 and RPA
- 3+ years as a senior/lead developer or development manager
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Extensive relevant work experience
- Evidence of continued learning
- Relevant BTECH/HND/Degree
- Domain specific certifications such as MCSA: Web Applications