Posted on Apr 17, 2022 by Humanics, LLC
UNIQUE Paving Materials is an industry leader in pavement maintenance products manufactured nationwide. We are seeking a LABORATORY ADMINISTRATOR (non-medical) in our Lab Operations at our manufacturing facility on the east side of Cleveland, OH.
This is an opportunity to join a successful, well-established company and work with knowledgeable professionals. The company's stringent lab standards and quality control procedures have made its products the most specified brand.
The Laboratory Administrator will process and enter test information into a variety of laboratory databases and generate final reports. This position also provides administrative support to the laboratory director and performs tests in the lab as requested.
- Review and enter all test results into laboratory database.
- Analyze test results, perform required calculations and modelling.
- Accurately process, complete and distribute final reports on laboratory samples.
- Complete forms for samples received and log all samples in logbooks.
- Maintain and replace stored samples; recycle samples as appropriate.
- Prepare and send aggregate samples to sales team.
- Provide administrative support to the lab director.
- Perform laboratory tests using defined testing procedures. Maintain and clean lab equipment.
- Read, understand and be able to independently execute test methods used to analyze aggregate samples, mix samples, emulsions, fuels and asphalt.
- Observe and participate in all safety programs. Adhere to all safety rules and regulations and properly use all personal protective equipment.
- High School diploma/GED required. Post high school training in science, chemistry or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a chemical lab environment preferred. Basic knowledge of cold mix design and/or emulsions is a plus.
- Will consider a combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook) required; prior experience with laboratory software/databases preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy in work.
- General understanding of measures (viscosity, density, etc.).
- Knowledge of physical terms and ability to use/convert metric to U.S. systems.
- Basic math aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment; takes initiative to obtain information needed to generate reports.
- Ability to understand and implement test methods.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pound product samples (hot and cold) and to retrieve samples from tanks and trucks.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment (copiers, scanners) and perform administrative and lab duties.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable through the company's insurance provider.
The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, life, 401(k), FSA, and voluntary dental.
Equal Opportunity Employer.