Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Apr 16, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Network Engineer. This company is looking for a network engineer with strong Nexus switching experience with 5k, 7k, and 9k. They will be working with Nexus Switches, Firewalls, Load balancing, and have strong knowledge of network protocols.
- Act as project lead for IS network infrastructure implementation projects.
- Implements technology and IS network infrastructure changes
- Collaborates with partner organizations/departments to engineer cross-functional solutions for IS network infrastructure
- Evaluates new product/solutions for inclusion in the IS network
- Identify changes needed in the IS network infrastructure configuration to achieve the organization's technology goals
- Key contributor to the IS network infrastructure strategy reviews and development by performing applicable analysis
- Administer effective issue identification and resolution process; serve as the focal point for IS network infrastructure-related issue/crisis resolution. Senior escalation point for all IS network infrastructure-related issues
- Actively maintains our current network infrastructure to expedite the resolution process
- Perform 24x7 advanced tier troubleshooting, including off-hour maintenance activities, problem resolution, and on-call
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for relevant technologies
- Develop and maintain knowledge of IS network infrastructure, operations, and devices
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in related technical/business area is preferred
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience; with understanding of the business and industry
- Experience re-engineering/process improvement
- Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise (CCNP, CCDP) is preferred
- Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong experience to expertise with Layer 2/3 routing and switching specifically with Cisco Nexus technology.
- Firewalls - strong understanding of roles they play in the network and an ability to support the physical hardware from a tier 1 level.
- Load Balancing - Strong understanding of the concepts behind load balancing from a tier 1 level.
- Network Protocols - strong understanding of MPLS, STP, QoS, Multicast, DMVPN and Nexus VDC/vPC protocols.