Senior Director Windows Virtualization
Posted on Apr 16, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Director of Windows Virtualization. This director will manage over all global windows virtualization, cloud, office 365, AWS clusters, etc. This person will be managing 40 people on the team. The company wants someone who started their career technical and got into management. They will help out with automation with Python and PowerShell.
- Manage the life cycle of a private cloud infrastructure from operations turnover to decommissioning.
- Experience with Windows Virtualization
- Experience in leading a team operating Virtualization technology from VMWare like VSphere, VSAN, NSX, distributed Firewalls and Routers is required.
- Experience operating Software defined Data center and expertise in managing software defined networks and Software Defined storage is required.
- Collaboratively work to design an automation framework to automate delivery of Infrastructure as A Service in a standardized way.
- Automation experience with Python and PowerShell.
- Experience in automating IT infrastructure delivery in private and public clouds is a plus.
- Development experience with infrastructure as code techniques and infrastructure automation tools.
- Experience creating continuous integration and continuous deployment frameworks.
- Training less experienced members
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated, responsive and proactive communication skills (verbal and written) to succinctly and directly summarize and document issues and processes Broad range of technical knowledge with demonstrated knowledge of system architectures, inter-relationship of the infrastructure and application layer, and end to end solution composition
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Cloud
- Automation skills with Python and PowerShell
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field, 10+ years in an IT related role.
- Minimum 7+ years' experience in IT Engineering and/or Operations leadership/management role