AWS Architect/DevOps Engineer
Posted on Apr 15, 2022 by Resource Solutions - AXA
Position Title: AWS architect/DevOps Engineer
Location: Remote (Must be based in Ireland)
- A hands-on Aws architect (specific focus on AWS) is required to support the Global infra and cloud squad in the delivery of our Global Move to Cloud program. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to join a multi-million, multi-year program transforming the ways we deliver IT in our business.
- Building an improving infrastructure delivery pipelines incorporating automated testing, seamlessly enforcing security, operational integrity and compliance "by design."
- The remediation of cloud solutions based on best practices and customer non-functional requirements.
- The compliance and security of our public cloud platforms by ensuring automated controls are in place to deliver security by design and compliance by design.
- Delivering efficiencies in our Move to cloud program, by recognising reusable patterns and sharing with the regional teams to ensure we learn once and deploy may times.
- Delivering continuous improvement on our cloud platforms, enabling our customer to self-serve standard catalogue services - ensuring that low value tasks (in the Guild) are automated wherever possible.
- Working with our cloud vendors to introduce migration best practices to the regional project teams and deliver increased benefits to the program.
- Acting as a migration problem solver for the program team ensuring that all milestones are met by removing any technical blockers as quickly as possible.
- 5 years plus public cloud experience in an enterprise environment, delivering highly available production systems
- A background of self-managed, successful delivery
- Proven background in the delivery of infrastructure delivery pipelines, testing and automation resulting in greater stability and compliance of production environments
- A good understanding of infrastructure as code and experience deploying repeatable patterns for all standards AWS and Azure services - exposure and capability in IaC tools mandatory (Cloud formation or Terraform or Ansible).
- Ability to structure, draft and review technical documentation
- AWS certified architect to at least associate level in Architecture, DevOps or Sysops
- Customer relationship development and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
- Ability to conceptualize problems.
- Sound time management skills.