Terraform & AWS Engineer
Posted on Apr 15, 2022 by Watson Reynolds
Remote/Home Contract/Office optional
You'll join a new, agile team that has been created to work on a large digital transformation project. With your AWS implementation experience and ability to introduce cloud deployment best practices you'll play a critical role.
If you've got strong Terraform skills, and experience working with AWS this could be the role for you.
A global brand, a market leader, and widely considered the best FS organisation to work for. They hold multiple awards relating to their workplace culture, including, both national and international Workplace awards, Diversity and inclusion, best organisation to support mental health and well-being. They are a forward-thinking organisation and value technology to its core and as such are significantly investing in their internal Tech + Digital leadership teams.
The role offers is truly remote and comes with a home working contract as well as the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Home-based contract/fully remote
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5%, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5 years service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- In addition to holidays, you will also get 1 day per fortnight put aside for self-development
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your families, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share our success by investing in our Share save and Partnership shares plans
- Experience of AWS & Terraform
- Developing and enhancing IAC and application CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Ansible
- Providing technical leadership and educating/collaborating with other teams
- Being trusted to make decisions about the tooling/technology choices or technical practices
- Solving problems by creating tested and maintainable code
Nice for you to have.
- Significant experience in a technical engineering role - particularly across the development life cycle as well as experience with Kubernetes and Microservices
- Experience in writing Python scripts and applications.
- Ability to combine agile and technical best practices
- Ability to collaborate with and influence senior stakeholders
- Well versed in a Linux environment