Area Sales Manager - Beverage
Posted on Apr 14, 2022 by Marquis
**IMPORTANT: Applicant must reside in San Jose, CA or surrounding areas.
Marquis is a USDA Organic caffeinated beverage looking to turn billion-dollar brands on their heads. Our tri-blend caffeine is the first of its kind; by blending yerba mate, green coffee, and green tea with vitamins and antioxidants, Marquis provides the balanced lift whenever you need it, without having to sacrifice your health.
To be the best on the outside starts with what you put on the inside. As one of the healthiest alternatives to coffee, tea, energy drinks, and soda, Marquis' is on a mission to change the way people drink caffeine. This is where your expertise comes in and will really make an impact at the ground level of a startup venture. Will you be the one to help us?
Marquis is a rapidly growing organic beverage brand, a small but mighty fun company to work for, searching for a passionate, self-motivated brand-builder to lead as our Area Sales Manager in the San Jose market:
The Area Sales Manager's focus will be to identify and develop new business opportunities for Marquis both off and on-premise through prospecting, outreach, and acquisition. A proactive and creative approach to increase Marquis' brand awareness is a must to help generate pull at the retail level. You will work closely with the Director of Sales to plan and strategize for your market and apply tactics both recommended by you and your leadership. This role requires a brand-building, entrepreneurial mindset, willingness to go above and beyond, and a readiness to be in the business of making friends. This person will also possess the drive and ability to attain monthly sales goals while taking an 'outside-of-the-box' approach in all aspects of sales.
This role is a salaried, full-time, field-based position, but may require travel as necessary to support nearby markets (valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, mobile phone, internet access required).
Sound like you? Here's what you'll need to demonstrate:
Strength in Execution: Puts ideas and plans into action. Brings a task to completion with focus, speed, precision, and dedication. Exemplifies flexibility, resilience and adaptability wherever needed in order to make things happen.
Consistent Collaboration: Works as a team to drive greater productivity and fosters healthy relationships between team members. Leans on teammates to work towards a common goal. Remains respectful and open to new ideas.
Ownership: A genuine interest in contributing to the company's success. Takes personal responsibility for the tasks at hand regardless of the outcome. Believes there's a solution to every problem.
Responsibility: Self-reliant. Reliability to ensure a job or task is brought to completion while being provided the autonomy to make sound business decisions on behalf of the company.
Creativity: As an extension of marketing, embrace "outside-of-the-box" thinking. Shares new ideas, takes calculated risks, and does what others aren't willing to do.
We rely on you with the experience:
- 1+ years of sales experience; functional beverage or natural CPG preferred
- BA degree preferred
- High-quality communication standards: written, verbally, and through listening
- Strong selling and influencing skillset
- Proven track record of brand-building, developing customer relationships, and generating sales growth
- Proficient with MS Office & G-Suite; able to learn new applications
- Efficiencies in routing and prioritizing projects to maximize sales results, achieve goals, and meet deadlines
What you will do:
- Analyze and manage the growth of the business in your assigned territory
- Grow the consumer base and increase brand awareness through educational samplings, demos and lead on-site activations/events
- Execute approved sales strategies and goals assigned by leadership
- Consistently increase brand's sales volume, distribution, market share, and overall business within all retail channels: chains, independents, hotels, resorts, cafes, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, gyms, yoga studios, colleges, universities, and others
- Drive sales in existing accounts by gaining new points of distribution and participate in programming
- Set SMART goals, track your progress, meet and exceed KPI objectives on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts based on the portfolio needs in your territory
- Collect feedback from the market on the category, competitors, and trends in the marketplace
- Perform quality account calls and prospect for new business on a daily basis
- Extend working hours beyond the 8-hour threshold to meet or exceed goals and deliver on the business needs
- Utilize a field sales mobile application, Repsly, to document activities, ensure consistency and proper follow-up on a daily basis and for every account visit
- Merchandise and assess product at store-level: pack out shelves, rotate product, manage unsaleable product, build displays, make and/or replace shelf tags, apply POS materials; monitor stores to ensure share of shelf, identify and correct voids
- Work with distributor personnel, which may include: ride-alongs, communicating orders, assisting with store resets, building displays etc.
- Actively and enthusiastically engage retailers, distributors, and consumers on a regular basis to consistently educate them on the brand and develop strong relationships
- Act as an extension of marketing: support and promote all social/digital media, brand content, trade shows and events
- Attend and contribute to team meetings, trade days, blitz, crew drives etc.
- Conscientiously budget, manage and report expenses
- Protect our company's value by keeping information confidential and secure
- Represent our brand in an ethical, professional and passionate manner at all times
- $62k Salary, DOE
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- All the Marquis you can drink!