Oracle Database Administrator/DBA
Posted on Apr 13, 2022 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Oracle Database Administrator - this is a long term contract opportunity for an experienced DBA with to join a globally operating Basel based company in the financial sector.
- Designing, developing and implementing Oracle Databases in support of development, test, and production environments
- Performing daily operational tasks, database life cycle management, provisioning, migrations, upgrades and decommissioning
- Establishing regular backups of databases and archive logs
- Planning, installing and implementing database technologies and participating in new application development
- Reviewing all SQL and PL/SQL code before production and recommending changes if needed
- 5+ years of hands on experience as senior database administrator with focus on Oracle databases
- Extensive experience with Oracle administration tasks - daily operations, provisioning/deployment, backup and recovery, security/patching, monitoring, performance tuning, partitioning/compression, PL/SQL programming
- Solid foundation in the Linux operating system, Scripting (Bash, Perl), backup solutions, job scheduling - ideally Control-M
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server administration and troubleshooting
Your soft skills:
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with experience working in a collaborative environment
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Ref.Nr.: BH 18546
Take the next step and send us your CV and contact phone number on which we can reach you during working hours.
Due to Swiss work permit restrictions, we can only consider applications from Swiss nationals, EU citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
Ukrainian refugees are welcome, we will support you all the way.
By applying, you agree to the storage and processing of your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws