Full Stack Developer - Hybrid
Posted on Apr 13, 2022 by Zonal
The Zonal group are one of the UK's largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
If you've booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out's app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.
We are a family business with Scottish roots. We operate from a modern head office in Edinburgh, a Midlands base in Stafford, our Innovation Centre in Abingdon and hotel management solutions base in Cardiff.
We offer hybrid and remote working within the UK.
We also reward our staff well with very competitive salaries, generous holiday allocation and well-structured career development plans.
What you'll do
Working in a hugely innovative area, are building products revolutionising the hospitality industry.
The powerful combination of an online booking solution plus a sophisticated table management system gives our customers complete visibility and control at all times.
You'll be part of the dynamic team who help create visibility for our customer ranging from the diner experience to making it easy for our customers to manage wait lists and walk-ins.
From seeing who has just ordered starters to those who are ready to pay their bill, we offer our customer full control and flexibility to open up tables for rebooking at the earliest opportunity.
We're looking for a dynamic Full Stack Developer who shares our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses.
Responsibilities will involve: -
As a member of a cross functional team, you will help and shape the software products within our Book and Serve area. You will be a fully hands on member of the Scrum team and will participate in all aspects of delivering software projects from design to maintenance.
Your key responsibilities will involve: -?
- Working with other team members to deliver feature and tech stories committed to in sprints.
- Participating in product and technical designs to ensure the team delivers value in each increment.
- Performing code reviews to ensure all code follows agreed standards.
- Actively looking for and suggesting improvements in our processes
Who you are
- You have a good C# experience (2+ years)
- You have experience working with relational databases (preferably SQL Server and/or MySQL)
- You are willing to work with other programming languages when required to help maintain products.
- You are a team player, willing to help the team at all levels when required to ensure goals are met
- You are proactive and have a positive attitude.
- Experience with caching using Redis, Memcached
- Experience of working with RabbitMQ
- Experience of working with CI/CD pipelines
- Azure Dev Ops (TFS) or other platform for planning and tracking work
- Working in a Scrum team
What we value
Teamwork, Innovation, Passion, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessed are the values we believe make us the company we are. We're looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
We are going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!