Posted on Apr 12, 2022 by Zonal
The Zonal group are one of the UK's largest technology providers to the hospitality industry.
Our products are used by over 11,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels. Customers include national brands like Pizza Express, JD Wetherspoons and All Bar One.
We provide our customers with the solutions they need to make their business a success.
These solutions include mobile apps for ordering and web apps for engaging with consumers either through loyalty or reservations. By linking these solutions to Zonal's EPoS (till) system, we help hospitality brands to understand their customers' behaviour and preferences, enabling them to excel in an increasingly competitive market.
We're looking for a dynamic Product Owner / Business Analyst who shares our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We're going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there!
What you'll do
Working within a team of cross functional software engineers the Product Owner / Business Analyst will be responsible for ensuring their Product is developed in line with the roadmap and strategy meeting customer needs and supporting our development teams.
Taking business and customer needs into consideration the Product Owner / Business Analyst will create user stories and work items for the team to implement, working closely with business stakeholders and partners the Product Owner / Business Analyst will tailor requirements and specification to meet the need of the target audience.
The Product Owner / Business Analyst will be able to analyse systems to help tease out the detail required for the changes that need implemented.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to, and implement the product strategy and related commercial business cases.
- Undertake Business Analysis tasks to the required level of detail to support commercial business cases and their Software development team.
- Following Lean and Agile principles, the Product Owner / Business Analyst will work closely with all aspects of the business.
- Evaluate client requests, end user insights, industry drivers, and competitor capabilities to identify enhancements
- Evaluate regulatory changes to determine how they should be accommodated
- Manage product roadmap priorities to ensure development work is prioritized
- Collaborate with Sales and industry consultants on RFPs and sales initiatives
- Collaborate with Marketing to effectively communicate value of product and overall solution
- Working effectively with senior leaders and functional teams to ensure success of their Product.
Who you are
- You will have excellent analysis skills in order to understand the ecosystem and how each system is integrated to inform the user stories and provide detail that is required. You may have started as a systems analyst, or a business analyst with technical understanding, though no development experience is needed.
- You may have owned a Product before and been able to feed into roadmaps assessing relative priority.
- You will have worked in an environment with Software as a Service products.
- You will have excellent project management skills with the ability to operate independently within prescribed guidelines
- A "can do / will do" attitude focused on timely results
- Excellent people skills with peers, seniors, subordinates and customers and comfortable negotiating through conflict
- Ability to multi-task, balancing the customer, product strategy and technical priorities required to deliver competitive product
- Hands on approach to the role with the ability to contribute to team projects whilst taking personal responsibility for their success
- The successful candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. They must enjoy understanding systems and how they work so that they can help deliver change to the necessary components
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
What we value
Teamwork, Innovation, Passion, Professionalism, Accountability and Customer Obsessed are the values we believe make us the company we are. We're looking for someone who understands great culture and will help us shape it as it evolves.
If you've booked a table or hotel room, ordered and paid for food and drinks, received loyalty offers, or downloaded your favourite hang out's app, you will likely have used a Zonal product.