Associate Principal, Cloud Engineering
Posted on Apr 9, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for an Associate Principal, Cloud Engineering. The role is revolved around cloud platforms, engineering, and automation. This principal needs to have hands-on experience with: Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, Github, OpenShift, and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible. They also need Python Scripting experience.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud and virtualization end-to-end architecture and IaaS, as well as PaaS and SaaS solutions such as AWS RedShift.
- Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures.
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kafka and container management systems.
- Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex cloud computing environment
- Design, configure, implement and support an automated workflow for cloud and virtual environment provisioning
- Implement production changes during defined maintenance windows and support on call rotation
- Perform cloud computing and virtual environment build-outs, software installation, maintenance and support
- Write and maintain documentation of relevant operating procedures and processes.
- Design, develop, and build the business's cloud infrastructure architecture.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good consultative, communication, team player and analytical skills are a must, as you will be regularly interacting between various teams which are distributed across the US.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure design and components, such as Servers, operating systems, networks, and storage
- Hands-on experience with: Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, Github, OpenShift, and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24x7 availability
- Experience working in an environment with a defined production change control process
- Relevant experience with configuration and implementation of IaaS, Infrastructure as code, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Demonstrated history of working within deadlines and ability to work well under pressure
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 5 or more years experience in IT systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of virtualized Servers/cloud systems
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification or higher strongly desired; Relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud are a plus